How to add lightning attack to a hero?

nabbig2

Reaction score
I want a hero to have the projectile that chimaeras do, so apparently it needs to have the lightning attack ability. How can I make a trigger that automatically adds the ability to the hero?

This isn't working:

HTML:
lightning attack
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters (Entire map)
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Chimaera
    Actions
        Unit - Add Lightning Attack  to (Triggering unit)

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
What isn't working?
No lightning effects?
Probably it just works with Ranged Heroes.
What Hero did you use to test with?

nabbig2

Reaction score
What isn't working?
No lightning effects?
Probably it just works with Ranged Heroes.
What Hero did you use to test with?

I made it from archmage, and I adjusted the projectile, and everything. See, it makes the lightning effect on the targeted unit, but the actual chain of lightning is not there at all. I found that when I gave it a hero ability of chain lightnig, it works. But how can I make this an ability the hero already knows, and doesn't need to learn?

OmgIgotPWNT

Reaction score
add lightning bolt to heros skills is that a possible action ur action right there looks wrong :/ to lazy to check :p

idk im not that good with triggers just guessing

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Just add it in the object editor.

It probably only works if a unit is created with the ability already on it.

darkRae

Reaction score
> See, it makes the lightning effect on the targeted unit, but the actual chain of lightning is not there at all.

I'm getting confused here.
What 'lightning effect' are you talking about?
If you're talking about the lightning that stretches from the attacker to the attacked, then that's it, that is Lightning Attack.

nabbig2

Reaction score
> See, it makes the lightning effect on the targeted unit, but the actual chain of lightning is not there at all.

I'm getting confused here.
What 'lightning effect' are you talking about?
If you're talking about the lightning that stretches from the attacker to the attacked, then that's it, that is Lightning Attack.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about.

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
Ugh, using ur units projectile as abilities>chain lightning doesn work? Then use triger with dummy that fires when ur hero attacks. (set hero projectile to none then)

darkRae

Reaction score
> Yes, that's what I'm talking about.

Then isn't the problem solved?
Or did I misunderstand?

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
I'm getting very confused as well... but lets see. First of all.. do you want the hero to have that ability from beginning off or through an event? Because if you want him to have it from beginning off just make the following ability to an item ability.
Take the ability "Lightning Attack" (or should be named sth like this) and change the "Lightning effect" field to what you want. And the Missile Art Graphic to the same stuff your archmage normally has. And for Graphic target you don't necessarily need somethings. Play around with "Graphic Duration".

darkRae

Reaction score
> Because if you want him to have it from beginning off just make the following ability to an item ability.

That's worsening the problem.
Make it a unit ability.
Item abilities don't work on units as far as I know.

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Don't they? Thought they would because +armor and stuff like that does work as well ^_^
My problem is that I don't know how to be sure that the ability icon won't show...

nabbig2

Reaction score
> Yes, that's what I'm talking about.

Then isn't the problem solved?
Or did I misunderstand?

I think you misunderstood.

Okay, I gave the hero the projectile for chimaeras, thunder hawks, and so on. You know how it looks, right? There is a thin line of lightning that strikes the target. However, this thin line is not showing up.

When I give it the lightning attack ability, it works. How can I give it the lightning attack ability from the beginning, but not need to learn it? Thanks.

darkRae

Reaction score
> How can I give it the lightning attack ability from the beginning

Give it in Object Editor.

> Okay, I gave the hero the projectile for chimaeras, thunder hawks, and so on. You know how it looks, right? There is a thin line of lightning that strikes the target.

Wrong.
Chimaera's projectile is just a 'boom' at target.
The stretching lightning is from Lightning Attack ability.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.