How To Calculate Perfect Teams

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
Okay, so I am developing a game (Sheep Tag) which supports multiple rounds per a game (unlimited). Generally, teams are 6v6 in full house games, but as the number of player dwindles, it changes to 2v4.

We have had a function for a while called -smart, which is supposed to make players that haven't played with each others be on the same team (to stop from imbalance teams all the time).

In this game, it is sheep vs shepherds. For this purpose, it only matters that sheep don't always play with the same sheep. Every time a sheep plays with another sheep, a counter is ticked. IE, say it is players 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 vs 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12. The "player count" (PC) for player 1 would be 1 (towards blue), 1 (towards teal), 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0. This is red's individual player count, each player has one as well. Players 7-12, right now, would have 0 towards everyone. The next best team, would be a reverse of round one, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12. After this, the PC's would be reversed.

I am trying to come up with a formula to continue the pattern of the best divided teams.

IE, after ten rounds, make it so everyone has played with each others about five time each (red with blue five times, teal five times, ETC). Note this is only for the sheep, but shepherds should logically be divided pretty evenly as well.

Currently, my only option would be to generate like 100 possible matches and pick the best one (which is easy by adding the collective player counts and storing the lowest one). This is inefficient and still not "perfect".

Also, the teams, in "smart", are based on two factors. The first factor is lowest "sheep count" (SC). This is a ticker that counts how many times each person is a sheep. This is priory one. IE, the players with lowest SCs are first drafted. If the first number of players drafted exceed the desired number of sheep (IE, at he start of the game everyone has 0 SC, and thus, all 12 will be drafted. Later one, you can have seven players with three SC and five with 2) then "-smart" is supposed to add or subtract the best fit additional allies or worse fit allies.

If you still have an idea of what I am talking about, and have an idea on how to do it, please help. ^.^;

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.