How to check how much gold the player has?

OxiB00ST!

Reaction score
Well, I'm in need of a trigger that checks the gold of every player (there are four players max.) and the one with most gold is the winner.

How can I do this? What conditions/actions should I use?

Jonnycakes

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Player 1 (Red) Current gold) Greater than (Player 2 (Blue) Current gold)
    • Actions

For a simple example. You can use this kind of condition to determine who has the most gold.

Aniconic

I am the very model of a modern major general!
Reaction score
You can set an integer variable to a specific player's current gold through "Player - Player property."

Trigger:
  • Set test = (Player 1 (Red) Current gold)

A more specific example for what you want would probably be these 2 example triggers.

Trigger:
  • Map Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Players = (All players matching (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing))

Trigger:
  • Find current gold
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Leaderboard - Create a leaderboard for Players titled Gold
      • Leaderboard - Hide (Last created leaderboard)
      • Player Group - Pick every player in Players and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set test[(Player number of (Picked player))] = ((Picked player) Current gold)
          • Leaderboard - Add (Picked player) to (Last created leaderboard) with label (Name of (Picked player)) and value test[(Player number of (Picked player))]
      • Leaderboard - Sort (Last created leaderboard) by Value in Descending order
      • Game - Victory (Player in position 1 of (Last created leaderboard)) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • For each (Integer A) from 2 to (Number of players in Players), do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Game - Defeat (Player in position (Integer A) of (Last created leaderboard)) with the message: Defeat!

The bracket index of the variable will reflect the gold for that player. for example, Player_gold[1] will be player 1's gold.

EDIT: I didn't originally see that you wanted to make victory/defeat conditions from it :D my bad. Try this approach! It adds each player into an invisible leader board with their current gold as their score, it then sorts them in descending order, and then makes the player in the first position the winner, and everyone else the loser.

OxiB00ST!

Reaction score
Thanks! Now I have one last question: I have this trigger:

Trigger:
  • Create Coins
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Item - Create Coin at (Random point in Gold Coins Spawn <gen>)

When the game starts, it's turned off. I'm confused between the actions "Trigger - Run" and "Trigger - Turn On".

How can I make this trigger "spawn a coin every 1 second of game time" and then, when the timer stops, stop creating coins?

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Well you could have these two triggers along with it:

Trigger:
  • Init
    • Events
      • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on Create Coins
      • Countdown timer - Start Coin_Timer as a one-shot timer that expires in <something> seconds

Trigger:
  • Stop Coins
    • Events
      • Coin_Timer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - turn off Create Coins

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.