How to Control My laptop using my PC Destop?

panzer

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have 2 computers at home. Both have vista installed on it. One of them is a Desktop and the other is a Laptop. I want to know how do i control my laptop using my destop PC.

Please also note that both are connected to the same network or router.
My pc is conneted through a cable with the router and my laptop is wireless.

Finally, is it also possible to control my iphone or HTC from my computer if they are connected to my network.

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have 2 computers at home. Both have vista installed on it. One of them is a Desktop and the other is a Laptop. I want to know how do i control my laptop using my destop PC.

Please also note that both are connected to the same network or router.
My pc is conneted through a cable with the router and my laptop is wireless.

Sure, the most common program used is a VNC program, UltraVNC or TightVNC being the most common to my knowledge. TightVNC is free so give that a look.
Basically you have to install it on both pcs and then run the server on the laptop and start the client on the desktop. Then just type in the IP address of the Laptop and should you have set a password enter that too. Then, tada, you can remotely control it as if you had the laptop infront of you.
Finally, is it also possible to control my iphone or HTC from my computer if they are connected to my network.

Not as far as I know but it works vice versa, also with VNC applications for the iPhone.

Sintoras

panzer

Reaction score
Thanks for your help!
Another thing is how do you remotely install that software onto the Laptop while it is connected to my network (CMD etc or anything else that you know)

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure TeamViewer works on LAN too. Never actually tested it though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.