How to: Edit Models

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
I read this tutorial, but i got some problems by clicking the right points. example: when i tried to take the sword of the footman i took the whole arm... Anybody got a tipp how to solve this?

edit: I also tried out the node- and the geosetmanager... really confusing. somebody got a website with tutorials for this?!

thanks in advanced

killbuzz

Reaction score
I read this tutorial, but i got some problems by clicking the right points. example: when i tried to take the sword of the footman i took the whole arm... Anybody got a tipp how to solve this?
thanks in advanced

Its pretty eaisy u probably selected his hole arm. if your sure u've got only the tip of the sword the you set the x,y,z things wrong. for me i had to set the y to 60 (by the way i set mine so that my sword went upwards). Remember that if u set something to a # or a negative# you have to use the opposit # to decrease or increase it. :D
oh and by the way +rep for this tut its really helpful :D
EDIT: I was also wondering what the Main Parts of a Unit thing was for i didnt really understand what the point of it was.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
thx :) I will ask a new question in my question thread about this, but here aren't that many modeler i think :(

L

LGM

I can't even get it open. I went to open it and it appears as a plain peice of paper! (folded at end) that says, "Please choose an application". Open it with what?

(I have a mac, if this changes things, please tell me.)

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Is WAr3 model editor or Gmax better?? I want to make models.

EDIT: Chose Gmax and yes it is difficult but very cool to create your OWN models

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. Anyways, IT determines what you're tryign to do. If you want a specific units sword or a part of their body, or you just want to edit a war3 model then war model editor is for you. IF you want to make original models I would suggest Gmax (even though it is EXTREMELY complicated and takes tons of times to start making good models) :D

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Dl Editor Page Out On Date

DL EDITOR PAGE OUT ON DATE

Refresh or give other lin kto the dl mirror to the editor /model....:banghead:

Ghoulord

Reaction score
is there any way to add something to the models, like a fuel tank or something, using the tool?

Uryuu0244

Reaction score
This is sorta messed up its cool and all but when u want to change something in example changing one of the fellhounds spikes if u put it to 1 it changes toooooo big so i give a thumbs up and a thumbs down:thup::thdown:

bananaguy17

Reaction score
problem

Well i went through it the guy looks right but when i go into warcraft he goes back to normal. is it suppose to be that way?

Machop Fan

Reaction score
How do I upload my models and make them usable in the World Editor with a separate portrait model? The model Im using is basically literally a copy of the Dark Ranger model, but with its portrait on a different camera angle.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.