How to fix this ability bug?

Some1Sneakin

Reaction score
Ive made an ability which is called Guardian's Will.

(copied for WE)
(passive)
"Guardians will:"
"Deals bonus damage equal to how much health you are missing."

"Level 1: You deal 4% of your missing health in damage."
"Level 2: You deal 5% of your missing health in damage."
etc...

My trigger looks like:

Code:
Guardians Will
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Honor Guard
        (Level of Guardian's Will  for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
    Actions
        Wait 0.10 seconds
        Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing ((0.03 + (0.01 x (Real((Level of Guardian's Will  for (Attacking unit)))))) x ((Max life of (Attacking unit)) - (Life of (Attacking unit)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
Thats the trigger, (know its not the best). Still its working good, except for a bug i found. The event "Unit - A unit Is attacked" is triggered when your unit begins to attack. Which means if you order your hero to attack, the enemy will take the damage, but if you then press STOP before your hero has hit the enemy, the ability damage will be made but not the normal damage. So if you rapidly click attack and stop, the ability damage will damage the enemy damn quick. Ok so now i found this bug but im like :confused: i've no idea how to fix it. Maybe you know?

-Some1Sneakin

Some1Sneakin

Reaction score
Oww i didnt know it was that hard... When i think about it theres an hero in Dot (aww almost said the bad word). Well the Hero Barathrum has an ability which deals bonus damage equal to your movespeed. I bet that they have fixed it ^^. If not, i can bug D*tA yay! Well if it is in Jass only... I can make it by myself. I know nothing about Jass. But if anyone can make the trigger for me :D. I would be very happy then.

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
Actually what the system does, is that when you call a custom function the System adds all the current units to an event (EVENT_UNIT_TAKES_DAMAGE i think) and puts it in the trigger. Also creates another trigger to detect whenever a unit is create and then again create the event for that unit.

I think that's like this how it works

Some1Sneakin

Reaction score
My map is a herowars like so if you add all unit to the trigger that spawns i bet the map gets laggy and such. Well i could make the trigger simpler, like it only work on heros. Ill test that until i get a better idea ^^
Thanks for all anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Oh no... now i did something terribly wrong ^^
Code:
Guardians Will
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Honor Guard
        (Level of Guardian's Will  for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
        ((Attacked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    Actions
        Trigger - Add to Guardians Will2 <gen> the event (Unit - (Attacked unit) Takes damage)

Code:
Guardians Will2
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Cause (Damage source) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing ((0.03 + (0.01 x (Real((Level of Guardian's Will  for (Attacking unit)))))) x ((Max life of (Attacking unit)) - (Life of (Attacking unit)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Lol i forgot to change the "Attacking unit" and all that triggers :D
So when i hit the unit the game gets a fatal error or something ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im freaking out. I have no idea why this isnt working! Everytime my hero attacks Wc3 closes down. :mad:

This is the triggers ive made:

Code:
Guardians Will
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters (Entire map)
    Conditions
        ((Entering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    Actions
        Trigger - Add to Guardians Will2 <gen> the event (Unit - (Entering unit) Takes damage)

Code:
Guardians Will2
    Events
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Damage source)) Equal to Honor Guard
    Actions
        Set DmgedUnit = (Triggering unit)
        Set DmgSource = (Damage source)
        Unit - Cause (Damage source) to damage DmgedUnit, dealing ((0.03 + (0.01 x (Real((Level of Guardian's Will  for DmgSource))))) x ((Max life of DmgSource) - (Life of DmgSource))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Anyone can se the error?

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
This trigger will work if your hero gives damage from spell, so it'll be an unlimited loop!

Remember :
-hero attacks
-order the hero to damage by spell
-unit takes damage by the hero
-so, trigger will order your hero damage that unit again by spells
-so on... until the attacked unit dies
-(maybe) corpses takes damage
-still an unlimited loop

Fix :
Create an dummy hero (hero because it'll do to the killing text) then order this dummy hero to damage unit so it won't loop

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
In other words, the trigger is triggered when the unit is damaged, but because you damage the unit in the trigger itself, it will cause an unlimited loop, which causes crash.

Code:
Turn off (This Trigger)
Cause Damage
Turn on (This Trigger)

This way it will work right.

Some1Sneakin

Reaction score
Youre smart :)

Thanks alot ill try to make a dummy unit. <3

----------------------------------------------
Oh darkrae you posted at the same time as me.
I really think your way is much more simple ^^

+rep to both of you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.