How to get the Preview image showing instead of minimap (on Epicwar e.g)

O.A

Quantum physics rules
Reaction score
I have imported a custom preview image that shows in-game before starting a game (where the mini-map would normally be), and i thought it would replace the mini-map image when i upload the map to Epicwar, however it did not.

Can someone tell me how to have the map preview image show up in place of the mini-map image on Epicwar?

O.A

Quantum physics rules
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but that's the part that i have done already, and the imported image shows up in-game (in the game settings screen) like it's supposed to. But it does not replace the minimap image on Epicwar, like i had thought... How to do that is what i'm asking.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
it looks like 99.9% of the maps on epicwar have the mini-map instead of an image.. perhaps asking one of the few authors with a custom image as to how they did it?

O.A

Quantum physics rules
Reaction score
It's a shame the comments section is disabled at Epicwar, would be a lot easier to ask the authors that way. I was hoping maybe one of those authors would be here...

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You mean the preview you seen when you browser the maps right?

If so, I believe it's a function on the website and thus have nothing to do with the world editor it self.

Edit: Fx: I got this reply when I posted a map on the hive workshop:
Credits to be posted in-game + in the Hive Description.
[Optional] Missing Custom Preview Image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.

Actually I guess it in fact has something to do with the editor then...

O.A

Quantum physics rules
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I'll try that when i upload a new version of my rpg. Hopefully that works on Epicwar as well.

Edit: Nope, just remembered, that's exactly the same path the preview image in my map already has. The one that the tutorial in the link above also shows. It doesn't work on Epicwar for some reason, it apparently does on almost every other site for warc maps.

O.A

Quantum physics rules
Reaction score
It seems it's possible to change the minimap image in-game as well by using "war3mapMap.tga". If the site shows the minimap, then shouldn't that work? Although then you would have no real minimap in-game, which i'm not so sure i dig. Anyways, I wonder if that's how they've done it, should be easy to verify by downloading one of the maps and see if the minimap image in-game is the same one as the preview image on the site...

Edit: Actually, now that i'm looking at them closely enough, in some of the custom preview images on Epicwar, you can see the starting locations, and at least the few i tried had the same picture in-game as well, in the minimap...

Samuraid

Advisor
Reaction score
Epic War uses war3mapMap.blp always.

If your map has a war3mapPreview.tga in it that you would like to use instead, leave a report on your map asking to switch to the custom preview image.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: O.A
General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.