How to give critical to illusions already created?

Linconius

Reaction score
I have an ability that adds speed and a critical hit to the user when activated. The speed and critical hit are removed when the user makes its first attack (via damage detection).

So far, I have been using a spellbook containing Endurance aura and critical strike, and adding/ removing the book on spellcast and attack.

However, I want illusions of the user to also get the buff, and to each individually lose their critical strike when they attack. I would prefer to use an in game Critical strike, and not have to trigger a seperate damage instance for the critical strike. So is there any way to give a seperate critical strike to each unit, like maybe a targeted critical strike?

Juggernaut

I don't know what to change it to
Reaction score
I have an idea:
First when the illusions are created, add the critical strike to them and put the illusions in a unit group.
And then in the damage detection trigger check if the source of the damage was in the unit group mentioned above, if so remove critical and remove from unit group.

NeosDany

Reaction score
I think this can be done using the damage detection system (if it is the same I use or at least similar). Let me explain, if you want to deal some critical strike dealing some ammount of damage you can when detecting the ammount of damage dealt by the illusion deal the same, or a little more, or much more damage again to the same unit checking if the one who did this is the illusion of course. If you want some buff how about a custom dummy unit to cast some buff on him. If you want to add critical strike to them another idea is to add you critical strike when casting the illusions then removing it from you, then when illusions deal the critical strike triggered of course, you can replace the dummy, or something. Hope that helps you.

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
I would try to put them in a unit variable/unit group variable and then add it to each individual unit/unit group

Linconius

Reaction score
I found one solution: Add Trueshot Aura to spellbook, and use that instead of critical strike.
But does Trueshot aura affect illusions?

I found during testing that critical strike doesn't work if added to the illusion after creation in GUI. Can it be added in JASS to work on illusions?

And If I use player - Enable/Disable ability, it removes critical strike from all units that have it. However I want it to be removes from each unit individually when it attacks.

Also, I was hoping to make it so it would not stack with other critical strikes. So is their a way to make it so Trueshot Aura doesn't stack with critical strike?

Linconius

Reaction score
Does anybody know why Critical strike doesn't work when a spellbook with it is added to an illusion? Because if this worked then I could get the entire spell to work.

Imp Midna

Reaction score
I found one solution: Add Trueshot Aura to spellbook, and use that instead of critical strike.
But does Trueshot aura affect illusions?
only if you set the game play constant key for it.

I found during testing that critical strike doesn't work if added to the illusion after creation in GUI. Can it be added in JASS to work on illusions?
the GUI functions are pure wrappers in this case. Therefore, the GUI can do just as much as pure JASS can.

And If I use player - Enable/Disable ability, it removes critical strike from all units that have it. However I want it to be removes from each unit individually when it attacks.
Obviously, disabling an ability for a player affects ever unit of that player. Use the remove ability action if you only want it to be removed for a single unit.

Also, I was hoping to make it so it would not stack with other critical strikes. So is their a way to make it so Trueshot Aura doesn't stack with critical strike?
afaik, no.

whoopwhoop

Cool Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know why Critical strike doesn't work when a spellbook with it is added to an illusion? Because if this worked then I could get the entire spell to work.

It doesn't work because illusions aren't real units and can't use castable spells. A spellbook is technically a castable spell. I might be wrong but it's what I think.

I'd suggest using a damage detection system.

Juggernaut

I don't know what to change it to
Reaction score
I guess in this case it would be easier to just trigger the critical damage.
Just add each illusion of that particular player into a unit group at the time they're created.
And using a damage detection system (i recommend weep's gdd. Search on forum) you trigger the critical and remove units from group.

EDIT:
Have you tried adding critical strike as ability? Not the book? but a pure 100% critical strike ability, and then remove it afterwards?

Linconius

Reaction score
Yes I have tried adding and removing critical strike. However, abilities cannot be added to illusions, only removed, as I found through testing. And also, if added to the target unit before illusion creation, it has to be added in a seperate trigger.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.