How to have two kinds of goldmine?

TwiLight

Reaction score
I wanna make a vespene gas model of mining and the other is the normal goldmine. What should i do? Should i use the object editor for this? Any tips? i know there is only one file path for the goldmine. If i replace it with a vespene gas model the default goldmine also will be replace.

TwiLight

Reaction score
Not working, making a custom neutral goldmine in object editor, still the same white goldmine. I want two different kind. Example, a white goldmine and a red goldmine. how to achieve this?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you mean you want the peasents (or whatever) to mine different resources from them?

TwiLight

Reaction score
UndeadDragon>>> Yes, making two different kind of goldmine. CaptDeath>>>If i change the art of the custom one, what is the file path? Argh.:(

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
UndeadDragon>>> Yes, making two different kind of goldmine.

That's a whole different kettle of fish isn't it. (Always wanted to use that line.) It shouldn't be to hard to create a new unit while highlighting the neutral passive building goldmine. You can change all the associated art fairly easy, not foolproof mind you, i tried changing trees to crystals once and got checkered squares. But make you custom goldmine, give it a new name, one of the options is mini map picture and you should be able to change it or remove it so it doesn't show up as a yellow dot. As for producing something other than gold...

The goldmine should have two abilities, gold mine ability and invulnerability. Your going to need to create a custom gold mine ability with new stats for your mine. Likewise the harvesters will need a custom harvest ability to interact with your mine, I think. Now I'm pretty sure that goldmines are hard codded to give gold. You can get around this with a trigger to replace any gold returned by a harvester with an equal amount of wood, or perhaps save the custom resource in a leader board, not seen that done before, might be cool.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.