How to make a skill passive?

zomgguy

Reaction score
Hey,

I have come across a huge glitch that makes a skill of mine work even though it is not on autocast or being activated. I've tried to fix it for ages, but now I guess I'm just going to flow with it. Is there a way to make disable autocasting, and disable normal casting? My skill is based off Black Arrow (Neutral).

Thanks =)

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Set the Text - Order String - Activate to NONE in the Object Manager

Zealot

Reaction score
I believe you should base the skill off Orb of Lightning and add black arrow to it, this way it will always cast when attacking, but you will not be able to use it any other way, it will also always consume mana if it has a mana cost. I believe it should work this way.

zomgguy

Reaction score
For some reason, even if i set the text order string to None (I set all of the order strings to none) it's still castable and autocastable. It didnt change anything ='(

zomgguy

Reaction score
@Zealot
Yes omg this works, however not completely....
I can't seem to get the mana cost working. Both the Orb of Lightning mana cost and the Black arrow mana cost doesn't seem to do anything.

I can't even trigger it to deduct mana.

I tried:

Unit begins casting an ability

Unit is a hero, Ability being cast is blackarrow

Set mana of [Triggering unit] to [Mana of triggering unit] - 135

(I set it to 135 mana cost for testing purposes)

After that didn't work I tried setting the *Ability being cast* condition to Orb of Lightning. No success either.

How would you make the mana cost work ='(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.