How to make serpent ward and mass serpent ward work on same hero.

afisakov

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem with 2 abilities, serpent ward and mass serpent ward. Serpent ward is modified from the base ability and ass serpent ward is built from the Rohkan sperpent ward. Both work fine seperately but if both on the hero then mass serpent ward out-prioritizes the other one.
aka I can cast mass ward fine, but if I try to cast normal serpent ward it does the mass one instead unless that is cooling down.
The abilities are set to different hotkeys and have different activation strings (ward vs serpentward), but this doesn;t seem to stop the game from thinking they are the same.
How can I solve this?
Is there a way to do it without having to make a dummy caster?

Solu9

Reaction score
You could base one of the abilities on another ability than Serpent Ward. Fx. Sentry Ward. Just change the summoned unit type.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
or you can just change the order string to another ward the unit does not use, maybe healing?

Solu9

Reaction score
He wrote he already did that ;) I have as well tried to change the order string, but the game does indeed still act like they both have the same string.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
He wrote he already did that ;) I have as well tried to change the order string, but the game does indeed still act like they both have the same string.

the only ability that you can change the order string of is channel.

maxou

Reaction score
Try using a different spell which works the same way, as Solu9 already told you, try with Sentry ward, and with a trigger, you can "create" the spawning of wards, their summon time and their number (depending of the spell level of course).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.