How to modify the Map Size of an existing map?

valiohristov

Reaction score
Hello, I have a newbie question for you.
How to change the map size of a map? I have worked on a map for a while and it is almost finished (with the triggers, the custom units and the spells and stuff), but looks like i need a bigger map. I don't need to keep the existing terrain.
Thanx !!! :)

Moon_Raven

Reaction score
Go into Scenario>Map Size and Camera Bounds and check both Modify Camera and Modify Map Bounds. Now adjust it by arrows, but the Full size must be a multiple of 32 in both dimensions. But 128x128 is ok :)
EDIT: And the playable area would then be 116x116 by the way...

valiohristov

Reaction score
Thanks, that helped a lot.
I just edited the map and its a lot better.
Now to create the rest of the map and terrain. :)

dzen_n00b

Reaction score
1. Export triggers from the smaller map
2. Create the bigger map
3. Import triggers from the smaller map
4. If you need copy map objects from smaller to bigger map
5. Edit triggers if they have coordinates from the smaller map to the corresponding coords for the bigger map

I'm doing this every time if I need more terrain

Mallen

Reaction score
Copy terrain and doodads

You can also select the "Selection Brush" tool and Drag around the terrain. then you click Ctrl-C to copy it. now you can open a new map with bigger size and paste the terrain there by using Ctrl-V. you will now see and area in green color as big as the terrain you copied. click left mouse button to place the copied terrain. now change pallette to Doodad pallette and copy your doodads. finally do the same thing with your units, regions and cameras. you can also copy triggers from one map to another as well ;)
of course it's alot more easy to just make the map bigger but this is a good tool to use if you build a map in for example Loarderon summer, but you want it to be Dungeon Theme. then just make a new map with the theme you want and paste your terrain, doodads, units etc ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.