How to refer to a dead unit being animated?

W.A

Reaction score
Hi,

i´m trying to refer to the units that are being animated with Animate Dead by using Unit (target of ability being cast), which normally works fine, but in this case it refers to the caster for some reason (same result as (Casting unit)).
Can someone please tell me how to refer to the dead that are being animated?

Thank you

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Summoned Unit should work in response to A unit Summons a unit events.

W.A

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but i tried summoned unit. Apparently animated dead aren´t summoned units... anyway, i used variables to mark the dead i wanted, and went from there. It wasn´t exactly what i was looking for, but seems to work.

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The easiest way I can think to do it would be to either detect them by buff or to skip animate dead altogether. For the first one there is a unit has buff comparison you can make and select all units owned by owner of triggering unit with buff animate dead. If that buff is being used constantly by other effects you could create a custom animate dead effect so you could find it easier. The other option I see would be to replace animate dead with triggered skill that does the same thing. Selects the dead units removes them and then spawns a new unit of the same type with all the necessary baggage. Then you could point to last created unit. The second way is more work but I think less likely to miss.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Are you using the right event?

Trigger:
  • Animate Dead
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Summoned unit) with a Footman using The old unit's relative life and mana

Default Animate Dead summons 6 Footmen this way.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.