how to rotate a camera

ZZY

Reaction score
I want to rotate my camera 180 deg from normal game play. (Normally you face north, i want to face south) I know it has to do with the rotate camera action but when i activate that trigger, the camera just becomes unmovable and dosnt rotate.

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
Try this:
When the game begins or a player types -reset camera or something along those lines, apply the player's camera to a preplaced camera object facing south. After that unless the player scrolls the middle mouse button or presses delete, the camera won't turn back north.

ZZY

Reaction score
ok that worked, i have another question for you. I also have it zooming out to about 5000, when it gets out this far half the view of the ground becomes black and fog like, any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
You should be able to rotate the camera by trigger...
Trigger:
  • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Angle of attack to 236.00 over 0.00 seconds
...but you don't have to.

To get rid of the fog you can use custom fog (Scenario -> Map Options). Check Use Terrain Fog and set the Z Start and Z End to high numbers (say 10000/10000). Note Z End needs to be equal to or higher than Z start else you get a pitch black screen.

Even so, at such a view, Z Clipping will come into effect. You can fix that via this trigger...
Trigger:
  • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Far Z to 100000.00 over 0.50 seconds
...or by setting the Far Clipping (FarZ) on the camera object (if you are using a camera object) to the same value.

Music Man

Cool Member
Reaction score
Z is height, when you think about a cube. It's that 3D determining quality in essence.

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
Z offset is the height, Z Far is how far you can see. Default value is 5000, once an area is exposed on your screen that is farther than 5000 units, it turns black (100%, impossible to see).

The reason for it? Not sure...

ZZY

Reaction score
You should be able to rotate the camera by trigger...
Trigger:
  • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Angle of attack to 236.00 over 0.00 seconds
...but you don't have to.

To get rid of the fog you can use custom fog (Scenario -> Map Options). Check Use Terrain Fog and set the Z Start and Z End to high numbers (say 10000/10000). Note Z End needs to be equal to or higher than Z start else you get a pitch black screen.

Even so, at such a view, Z Clipping will come into effect. You can fix that via this trigger...
Trigger:
  • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Far Z to 100000.00 over 0.50 seconds
...or by setting the Far Clipping (FarZ) on the camera object (if you are using a camera object) to the same value.

Thank you soo ,much +rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.