How to use the unit Takes Damage event as a generic event?

O.A

Quantum physics rules
Reaction score
Solved:
Trying to make a trigger that adds Xp to heroes based on the damage they deal to enemy heroes, if you could do something like below, it would be pretty simple, but i can't figure out how to do this since Takes Damage can't be used as a generic event. (in GUI)

A unit Takes Damage

Actions
Hero - Add (Integer((Damage taken))) experience to (Damage Source), Show level-up graphics

udg_local

Reaction score
There are good systems out there for exactly this purpose.

I recommend you this system as it also allows you to differentiate between physical and spell damage or modify the damage.

Imp Midna

Reaction score
Note that this is a pretty blown up system that needs a special interpreter to work. You might consider using a more minimalistic system or write one on your own.
And if you JUST need this for the (12?) heros that may enter the arena some when, it's probably both the fastest and easiest way to simply add the <Hero> takes Damage event to that trigger when the player picks his hero (there's an action for this in the Trigger-category if im not mistaking)

Imp Midna

Reaction score
oh dear, my bad. i would write something like "guess i was [...]" here, but honestly, i dont have a plan what i was thinking. dammit. now i feel dumb

O.A

Quantum physics rules
Reaction score
It does look like a good system, but it's a bit too elaborate for what i'm looking for here, however it did help me find what i was looking for after all. And adding the takes damage event through actions worked as well, i had no idea you could do that. So now i'm sort of combining the two and figuring out what's best for this map. Thank you both for you replies.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.