I need help for some item bonuses!

Karolica

Reaction score
Hello,i need help with something.
Ok so,i am actually working on an ORPG map,and i'm very glad ive just made it with the save/load system.I've finished the classes,and skills,but i have a question about the item bonuses.

How can i add Critical,Evasion,SpellDamage,SpellResistance and Spellheal bonuses to the items?:confused:

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you mean like wow kinda stats? this is a little complicated of an issue, basically you need a damage detection system for the crit and resistances, a unit indexing system to keep track of the stats, an item-type indexing system to keep track of bonuses, and to trigger every spell to work using spell stats...
tell me, do you use jass? because that will make things a LOT easier on you.

Karolica

Reaction score
actually,im a kind of begginer in map making,and i dont know to use jass,the idea of spellbonus damage and spellresistance would be great for my orpg,ive seen it in another rpg called Guilds of Hyppos,and it will be very useful for mines,but if it is such complicated,ill forget it then..and ill try add other bonuses.
Also i want another thing.Im not sure if its ok to post it here but look,I also want a system to make the items classified something like Head,Amor,Weapon,Shield,Gloves,Belt,Necklace,Gem or Misc. By this i mean i want players to be able only to wear 1 type of those at once,so they cannot wear 2 Helmets,5 weapons or so...just 1 of each,can somebody tell me how to do it?

Markhaos

Reaction score
actually,im a kind of begginer in map making,and i dont know to use jass,the idea of spellbonus damage and spellresistance would be great for my orpg,ive seen it in another rpg called Guilds of Hyppos,and it will be very useful for mines,but if it is such complicated,ill forget it then..and ill try add other bonuses.
Also i want another thing.Im not sure if its ok to post it here but look,I also want a system to make the items classified something like Head,Amor,Weapon,Shield,Gloves,Belt,Necklace,Gem or Misc. By this i mean i want players to be able only to wear 1 type of those at once,so they cannot wear 2 Helmets,5 weapons or so...just 1 of each,can somebody tell me how to do it?

For your critical hits, I would suggest using unholy rage as a base spell and converting it to an item ability.
Might work might not... just a suggestion.
Regarding your one of each question.
I would use item classifications, could be a painful process but it could work, such as setting all weapons to a permanent classification and limiting that classification to 1 or 2 of each in the trigger editor, and maybe setting armor to misc or something... but this could prove troublesome... Best bet would be to get newgen and limit item types using jass. Honestly jass would make your life easier.

Karolica

Reaction score
thank you for your post.i am lucky ive already moved all the items to 1 category,and the rest arent being in use,so ill try that way
Thank you again!

Markhaos

Reaction score
I tried something out...seems to work slightly.. deoes take time. Create an item group of all your head gear items eg. helemts etc.. then limit your first inventory slot to those items. using if then else statements. if item in hero slot 1 does not belong to your headgear group remove the item or drop it or place it on the ground at your heroes location.

Karolica

Reaction score
I tried something out...seems to work slightly.. deoes take time. Create an item group of all your head gear items eg. helemts etc.. then limit your first inventory slot to those items. using if then else statements. if item in hero slot 1 does not belong to your headgear group remove the item or drop it or place it on the ground at your heroes location.

Hello,thank you,i tried to make some triggers with it and i figured it out.I used some variables like When a unit acquires item of the class type set variable to 1.....and then if a unit aquires an item and variable is 1 it will drop it. It seems it works properly. Thanks for help!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.