I need help with spell in item BADLY!

Jonhpath

Reaction score
Ok, i got a HUGE problem.:( :( :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused:
My spell in item doesnt work, i explain.

I made an item caled "Trueshot aura(item)" i made a spell caled "Trueshot aura". Then i made a triger so when i take the item, it give me the spell but it dont work. Here is my triger:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Events
Unit- A unit Acquires an item

Conditions
(Item-type of (item being manipulated)) Equal to Trueshot Aura(item)

Actions
Hero - Learn skill for (Hero manipulating item): Trueshot aura

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
O, and i wan the spell like normal one. I mean when you clic "Hero Skills" and when you got a skill point, you clic on it and it learn it. like in custom hero line war.

Thanks to the one who wll help me.:)

P.S. sorry about my bad english :)

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
The trigger as such is correct.
However, "Hero - Learn skill" only works if 1. your Hero has a free skill point (like after gaining a level) and 2. the ability already is in his list of learnable spells.

You can add normal abilities, with "Unit - Add ability", and add a level later on with "Unit - Increase level of ability".

But, you can not add spells to a Hero's list of learnable spells.

Best you can do there is some Engineering Upgrade abuse to replace a dummy Hero ability with the new skill.
However, that's somewhat non-obvious...

On a related note, you can right-click your trigger's name and use "copy as text", then paste it here (ctrl + V).
No need to type them..

Jonhpath

Reaction score
Well, do you know custom hero line war? all hero dont have skills. i mean they got some but they are called "skill 1" "skill 2" ect.. and you buy a item that replace the "skill #" by the spell you brough. thats what i wan to do.

P.S. sorry again for my english lol

Jonhpath

Reaction score
thats not exactely what i wan... because i got like 200 spell an i cant put them all in a single unit comand box... i got like 25 shop and i'll need more soon. so i just wan that when i by an item, it give me the spell. well, i'll try post in another site to see if i can find an awnser.

Jonhpath

Reaction score
ok, i think you dont get it. at start of my map, you choose between hero. the hero got no skills. then you go in a shop area where you select 5 of the 200 skills. but my problem is that when i buy a item it dont give the spell. thats my problem. and i know about spellbook.

Jonhpath

Reaction score
Well, i got it so if you wan close/delete this topic you can.

Code:
Trueshot Aura
    Events
        Unit - A unit Sells an item (from shop)
    Conditions
        (Item-type of (Sold Item)) Equal to Trueshot Aura
    Actions
        Item - Remove (Sold Item)
        Set PrimariesChosen[(Player number of (Owner of (Buying unit)))] = (PrimariesChosen[(Player number of (Owner of (Buying unit)))] + 1)
        Wait 0.10 seconds
        Unit - Add Trueshot aura  to (Buying unit)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.