WIP Ice Crown Dwarven Survival

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Alone at home. Friends at school. Tired from playing L4D and wc3. I opened up a world editor map and started terrening something... about 20 minutes later I came up with something.... rather stupid. I am maiking a survival map andI thought to myself "Why not make a little test to see how the people react to the idea" So.... due to the lack of any other name... I cloud think up I present to you the test version of "Dwarven Survival".

Foreword: You are a dwarf-adventurer. YOu stumbeled upon a cave and went into it. What you found out is well.... death.

Gameplay: There is a ghoul eating emerald. Evry now and again, a soul will come out of the crystal. After it reaches a special generator a monster will come out. Your objective is to kill it. There is something I forgot to mention: you don't have a normal attack. You buy weapons and you use them. Put the weapon you wish to use in your first inventory slot. Then to attack just click on the target with the right mouse button. Your rifel is free. the other weapons cost gold. You get gold from killing normal undead units. I strongly advice you to read the tooltip of the weapon because, some of them have special ways of aiming or using. The dwarven adventuror can also build strucktures. Sadly I had time only to input a wall and a turet. The wall has the taunt ability. The turret is a mix of defencive and offecncive structure. You hide in it aand you shoot from it. The dmg is small, but the only way for the monsters to hurt you is to also destroy the bunker. The buildings require wood. You gain wood from killing the abomination (what I'd call a boss)

The monsters are randomly summoned. There aren't any potions, but you have a lot of hit points. I think that is all. I just need a lot of feedback.

And the screenshots:
db80ecebd9f548db.jpg

d3f60e80c18cd4f0.jpg

85137b34a6f8952f.jpg

Attachments

• Dwarven Survival p.w3x
    23.4 KB · Views: 170

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Terrain needs work, it's just way too point blank, place some doodads at the land area.

This idea seems simple, you sure like creating minigames ;)

Isn't this map a little too small for 12 players?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
This is just a test for the battle system. The real terrein is a 96x96 maze. However I released this, to see the reaction of the people to the battle system. This is what I am looking for :p

>This idea seems simple, you sure like creating minigames
You got that right. At this point maiking an "epic" map, finishing it, and it having sucsess is almost inpossible. SO I just create mini games (with single player) instead :p

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Like my Outlands Dwarven Survival. :D

Looks cool and dwarfy, :thup:. I try when can!

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Just don't forget that this map is just to see how the battle system works :D The waves are pretty pathetic.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.