[Icons] SerraAvenger's BA Trade Icons

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Here are some Icon's I have made for an automated trade system in Serra Avenger's project Battleship's Antartica. He was originally requesting simple icons for the system, much like the buttons on a dvd player, but the idea of the trade system inspired me and I thought it deserved icons more fitting to the theme. This is what I came up with -

routebrown.jpg
recordroutefinal.jpg
stoprecord.jpg
sealgreen.jpg
BTNrouteburn.jpg

The first is the icon to show your recorded route.

The second is the icon for recording the actions you take on your trade route.

The third is to finalize the recorded route and to stop recording.

The fourth is for the unit to start/begin the recorded route.

...and finally the fifth is for resetting/discarding the last recorded route so you can start all over again.

All of the icons were completely hand drawn in GIMP with a mouse, with the exceptions of the quill and ink (when I googled for a reference pic I saw it and thought it would fit perfectly with minor edits) and the wax seal for the start icon, which again I googled and found a fitting stock to modify (I was too lazy to start it from scratch lol).

Some other icons I have recently made -

BTNicedemon.jpg

DISBTNicedemon.jpg

This is another request I had made, it is to be used in conjunction with the Ice Demon skin on the hive workshop by TDR. I used a screenshot of the model as a base layer for proportions and then free-hand drew a painted layer over the top.

BTNlionroar.jpg
BTNlion2.jpg

DISBTNlionroar.jpg
DISBTNlion2.jpg

This lion I just made for fun, it is completely freestyled in GIMP, just using a mouse. I then did a slight recolour for the passive ability button, thinking it could be used as a kind of 'King of the Jungle' rage type aura.

BTN3rdclass.jpg
BTNbloodsword.jpg

DISBTN3rdclass.jpg
DISBTNbloodsword.jpg

Finally, just some other requests I had done. The first was a CnP of a 3rd Class Shin-ra Soldier from FF7, which was of poor quality so I had to re-paint the whole image over the top. The second was just an edit of the BTNsteelmelee which required blood to be added.

New Icons -

BTNbackstab.png
BTNbackstab2.png
BTNmage.png

DISBTNbackstab.png
DISBTNbackstab2.png
DISBTNmage.png

Just a couple of random icons I made for practice, they are all freehand. I took a halfway warcraft/anime approach on the character design. Here is the final and tightened version of the backstab -

BTNbackstab6.png

DISBTNbackstab6.png

A couple of recent icons, the barbarian and a demon -

BTNbarbarian.png
BTNdaemon.png

both are freehand, extracted from my brain via gimp

BTNrootelemental.png
BTNflood.png
BTNpeonfiend.png

... a couple more recent request icons. The first was for a skin on the hive called 'root elemental', the second is an icon I did for a request 'rain of sheep' which I edited again once complete to look like a flood (more useful that way imo lol) and the last is a slightly tougher and more neanderthol looking peon icon

MurderMode

Reaction score
~ Updated the thread with various other request icons I had made.

MurderMode

Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah they are freehand with the exceptions I stated underneath

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Best freehand icons I've seen on this forum. They look very much to be "blizzard-style."

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
wow those are really good! id say your the second best icon maker ive seen so far
hmm if i ever run into some troubles needing icons, would you be interested in taking requests? :p

MurderMode

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind comments, and yeah if I can find the time I do requests.

I've updated the first post with a couple of new unit icons

MurderMode

Reaction score
Blizzard should seriously reconsider their icon-making team.

aha wow, what a compliment... ta :D

...but no, I'm no where near that good. Blizzard's War3 icons are really intelligent in design... and they were made like over 5 years ago :|

I know sc2's icons are more symbolic so we won't see anything real 'wow' there, but I can't wait to see what the icons and items look like in D3... hopefully they are all 2D images and not static 3D objects in the inventory, I really dig in game and hand drawn blizzard stuff. Actually they have a vid of the inventory hey? I'll have to check it out.

Anyways I added a couple more icons to the list ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.