Icons slowly changing as cooldown decreases

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananaHUNT

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
If you've played the new DotA map, you will notice that now when you use a skill the button/icon gets passive borders that then transcend into the active one! I wonder how they managed to do this.. I'm totall puzzled?

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Create 2 spells of the same kind, one wif the icon of the passive, the other is icon of the active.

Use a trigger to see what lvl it transcends to the active one and so, remove the passive ability and add in the active ability.

bananaHUNT

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Have you actually played the map?
It doesn't just add an ability with an active icon. When you use an ability, the borders of the icon slowly turn from passive into active, while the cooldown decreases. It's really ingenieus

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Riiight..you think such things as ingenious...I'd seen much better things done by map makers.
Well, fine wif me but no, I havent actually played the map so I wouldnt know what ur talking abt.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Riiight..you think such things as ingenious...I'd seen much better things done by map makers.
I love people who think they're so good by being rude :thdown: .

Anyways GeertPingen, maybe check into Image in triggers and such?
I also have no idea really how it's done ;) .

PS: I think it's ingenious too.

Lumograph090

Reaction score
I love people who think they're so good by being rude :thdown: .

Anyways, GeertPingen, maybe check into Image in triggers and such?
I also have no idea really how it's done ;) .

PS: I think it's ingenious too.

especially when they type like 4 year old retards

Well, fine wif me but no, I havent actually played the map so I wouldnt know what ur talking abt.

YAH NUW ABT I MIEN?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
For others:
Official DotA Allstars Changelog said:
* Added a new subtle cooldown effect to make it a little clearer when spells are in cooldown and when they finish. This is mainly for long cooldown spells where it is sometimes difficult to tell. More work will be done in this area soon, but it needs a bit more time to make sure that anything extra is not visually intrusive. (PGRu-Unexpect3D)
Quote found here.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score

It is actually a pretty nice touch. I think it's done with images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.