Idle Worker

bowser499

Reaction score
first of all i would advice you to search for the icons you want. you need their path. for the peon icon for example the path is:
Quote:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNPeon.blp
you will need this for all 4 icons.

then you open some textfile, whatever you like.
inside you write all the paths of the 4 icons of your desire into a single line, separated by a comma. it should look like this:
"<iconHuman>,<iconOrc>,<iconUndead>,<iconNightelf>"

then go to
Advanced -> Game Interface -> Symbol - idle worker icon
hold down the [SHIFT] key and left-click it. this way you wont get a drop down box but a textbox.
copy the line with the different icon paths into the textbox and click ok.

you are done.

heres an example:
Quote:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNFootman.blp,ReplaceableTextures\ CommandButtons\BTNKnight.blp,ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNRif leman.blp,ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNMortarTeam.blp
if you copy this line into the textbox the human worker will have a footman icon, the orc one the icon of a knight, the undeads will have riflemans and the nightelven workers will have the mortar team icon.
I've done with this paths:
Code:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNPeasant.blp,ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNKotoBeast.blp,ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAcolyte.blp,ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNMurgalSlave.blp
And I've received a peasant for all the races.
Where is the problem?

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
His problem is.. All the icons are showing peasant. Correct me if I'm wrong.

bowser499

Reaction score
Check the attachment
(Idle Worker field is selected)

Attachments

• This.JPG
    This.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 262

Wratox1

Reaction score
could you show a little more? expand the window/columns so you can see everything on that line

Edit: actually i get the same when i tried:(

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Okay.. So I carried out a few experiments. What I learnt is, After you change the path and click ok, and you open up game interface again, the path there becomes only the first one. And whenever you test the map, whichever unit or base you start with, it only comes out with that.

So I thought maybe, this only works in a melee map. OR, dependent on what race you put yourself as in the player properties would affect which idle worker icon you'll get. OR, you have to try it out in a real game, meaning a few players playing it, all of different race to see if it works.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.