If then ells

Lord Regno

Reaction score
How many if its then els action can you have on eat others.
Like:

Trigger:
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
    • Then - Actions
    • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
            • Else - Actions

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Potentially Unlimited, supposing you had the universes greatest computer, capable of handling a googleplex If's. It depends wether your computer can handle it, but ofcourse why would you need so many?

Lord Regno

Reaction score
Thanks, I think I will have 9 triggers with 10-20 if's in every trigger.

Why? A example:

Trigger:
  • Trigger Removed

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
your floating text leaks, set it to a variable, and null it at the end!

Lord Regno

Reaction score
Maby in point (that I will fix).

Will it be deleted after 1,5 sec because of this trigger? If its so then I think it's don't leak, I think null is delete? :confused: Or are it only I ho imagine that lifespan don't delete it complicity?

Trigger:
  • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.50 seconds

And do a commuter fix 10-30 if then ells steps?

Rushhour

Reaction score
Floating texts aren't handles in the original meaning, they do not "leak" if you disable permanence and set their life span. The only problem would be if you create about 100 and only hide them but never destroy them, then you won't be able to create new ones.
The bounty texts of wc3 are also only floating texts with a certain color, velocity, fading age and disabled permance ;)

And nulling doesn't delete a handle, it only "clears" the local pointer variable, so there is no need in nulling a global variable as it gets overwritten.

And to the many If-Then-Elses: You better find a work around, maybe with array variables that store the ability id and whatever you need and got the same index ..

Lord Regno

Reaction score
And to the many If-Then-Elses: You better find a work around, maybe with array variables that store the ability id and whatever you need and got the same index ..

Do you mean to many on etch others or just to many of then ells? If it's to many if it's ells then I don't now how to solve it bit if its to many if then ells on etch others then I can make this:

Edited the trigger above, ells this will be a long thread I even clipped it a bit.

Rushhour

Reaction score
I just mean if you are basically doing the same thing only with different abilites, items, heroes, then you could set these to an array variable at map init
like:
items[1]=Shoe
ability[1]=throw shoe at bush
Then this could be easily done for hundreds of ability-item connections without having to build up such a great if then else tree.
You yourself will know better if it works on your trigger. Sorry but reading it is a pain :D
Trigger:
  • For each Loop Integer A from 1 to X
    • loop
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Items[Integer A]
        • Then - Actions
          • Set temp_ability = Abilities[Integer A]
        • Else - Actions

If you know some Jass you could make your own function for all these floating text things too, than you would save a lot lines of code if you just call your function which creates the text, sets velocity,... .

Lord Regno

Reaction score
That I would never come up with alone, that will same me allot of work th that would work on my map +rep Now I will number all 35 "ability items" and abilitys...

edit: ps. I can't jass yet

panzer

Reaction score
Wow

:eek:Now that's what i call a trigger! You must e a world editor genius. :eek:

BTW Just wondering .... does it work aswell???:nuts:

Lord Regno

Reaction score
Do you mean my trigger? Yes it's works but this will save you alot of works:

Trigger:
  • Init ability item
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.07 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set abilitys_item[1] = Tome of Absorb Mana
      • Set abilitys_item[2] = Tome of Bash
      • Set abilitys_item[3] = Tome of Berseker
      • Set abilitys_item[4] = Tome of Breath of Fire
      • Set abilitys_item[5] = Tome of Chain Lightning
      • Set abilitys_item[6] = Tome of Cleaving attack
      • Set abilitys_item[7] = Tome of Devotion aura
      • Set abilitys_item[8] = Tome of Evasion
      • Set abilitys_item[9] = Tome of Forked Lightning
      • Set abilitys_item[10] = Tome of Heal
      • Set abilitys_item[11] = Tome of Hurl Bouler
      • Set abilitys_item[12] = Tome of Immolation
      • Set abilitys_item[13] = Tome of Invilibility
      • Set abilitys_item[14] = Tome of Slow
      • Set abilitys_item[15] = Tome of Summon
      • Set abilitys_item[16] = Tome of Throw hammer

Trigger:
  • Init ability
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.08 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set abilitys[1] = Absorb Mana (lvl 1)
      • Set abilitys[2] = Bash
      • Set abilitys[3] = Berserk (attack speed 1)
      • Set abilitys[4] = Breath of Fire (lvl 1)
      • Set abilitys[5] = Chain Lightning (lvl 1)
      • Set abilitys[6] = Cleaving Attack (lvl 1)
      • Set abilitys[7] = Devotion Aura (def 1)
      • Set abilitys[8] = Evasion (lvl 1)
      • Set abilitys[9] = Forked Lightning (lvl 1)
      • Set abilitys[10] = Heal (lvl 1)
      • Set abilitys[11] = Hurl Boulder (lvl 1)
      • Set abilitys[12] = Immolation (lvl 1)
      • Set abilitys[13] = Invisibility
      • Set abilitys[14] = Slow (lvl 1)
      • Set abilitys[15] = Summon Water Elemental (summon 1)
      • Set abilitys[16] = Throw Hammer
      • Set number_of_abilitys = 16

Trigger 1 and two must have same items and abilitys.

The big trigger:
Trigger:
  • Tome of ability
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Powerup
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to Tome of Power
    • Actions
      • Set temp_player = (Owner of (Hero manipulating item))
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to number_of_abilitys, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to abilitys_item[(Integer A)]
            • Then - Actions
              • Set temp_ability = abilitys[(Integer A)]
              • Set ability_int[1] = 1
            • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ability_int[1] Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of temp_ability for (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to 0
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • max_abilitys_count[(Player number of temp_player)] Equal to 4
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set ability_int[1] = 0
                  • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))) the text: You alredy have 4 a...
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • ((Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) Current lumber) Greater than or equal to 1
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Set ability_int[1] = 0
                      • Unit - Add temp_ability to (Hero manipulating item)
                      • Player - Add -1 to (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) Current lumber
                      • Set max_abilitys_count[(Player number of temp_player)] = (max_abilitys_count[(Player number of temp_player)] + 1)
                      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads -1 above (Hero manipulating item) with Z offset 11.00, using font size 14.00, color (50.00%, 100.00%, 50.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_temp_point)
                      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 10.00 towards 70.00 degrees
                      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
                      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.50 seconds
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Set ability_int[1] = 0
                      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: You haven't enatch ...
                      • Sound - Play KnightNoLumber1 <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Hero manipulating item)
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of temp_ability for (Hero manipulating item)) Greater than or equal to 1
                • Then - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • ((Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) Current lumber) Greater than or equal to 1
                    • Then - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Level of temp_ability for (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to 1
                        • Then - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                              • (Hero level of (Hero manipulating item)) Greater than or equal to 5
                            • Then - Actions
                              • Set ability_int[1] = 0
                              • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads -1 above (Hero manipulating item) with Z offset 11.00, using font size 14.00, color (25.00%, 100.00%, 25.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                              • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 10.00 towards 70.00 degrees
                              • Unit - Increase level of temp_ability for (Hero manipulating item)
                            • Else - Actions
                              • Set ability_int[1] = 0
                              • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))) the text: You don't are in re...
                        • Else - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                              • (Level of temp_ability for (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to 2
                            • Then - Actions
                                • If - Conditions
                                  • (Hero level of (Hero manipulating item)) Greater than or equal to 10
                                • Then - Actions
                                  • Set ability_int[1] = 0
                                  • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads -1 above (Hero manipulating item) with Z offset 11.00, using font size 14.00, color (25.00%, 100.00%, 25.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                                  • Unit - Increase level of temp_ability for (Hero manipulating item)
                                • Else - Actions
                                  • Set ability_int[1] = 0
                                  • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))) the text: You don't are in re...
                            • Else - Actions
                                • If - Conditions
                                  • (Level of temp_ability for (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to 3
                                • Then - Actions
                                  • Set ability_int[1] = 0
                                  • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))) the text: This skill are alre...
                                • Else - Actions
                                  • Set ability_int[1] = 0
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Set ability_int[1] = 0
                      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: You haven't enatch ...
                      • Sound - Play KnightNoLumber1 <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Hero manipulating item)
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions

Set ability_int[1] = 0 you don't need that, its only there becas i have 2 triggers thats are adding abilitys and thefore I need it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.