Implenting UAC(Unit Aura Control)

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
When i first read the thread UAC(Unit Control Aura), i got very happy. This was just what i was looking for! But it wasnt easy to implent the System. I did copy the Category with the UAC - triggers.
But i wanted to use it...

I read how to use like 20 times(seriously). I didnt understand.
Can someone tell me easily how to make a spell with UAC?

//Chaos_Knight

SanKakU

Reaction score
well, first of all...it's something i've missed i think. i'l lhave to chek it out. second of all...i can't read the jassboxes so i'll have to load up editor and check it out hat way...

uhh...didn't test it but at first glance i'd say the example is pretty well thought out. interesting...

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
There is no easy way unless you are good at Jass?

That was more of the answer. I read the documentation [skimmed] and it's quite easy to use by the looks of it. THat's why there is the demo map as well.

SanKakU

Reaction score
uhm...my advice...and, to be honest...depending on how lazy i am...i mihgt do the same thing...post in the thread...and ask the dude for a simpler example. like i said, the one in there seems really complicated. at any rate...when i get around to it, i think i'll be able to understand how to use the code...but for now, it looks a little difficult to do very fast. if i didn't want to challenge myself i would do as i just suggested to you. but i think i want to take up the challenge of understanding the system before asking for help on it. but i think you should ask him for a simpler example in the meantime. myself or someone else can always suggest to him some additional guidelines on how to use the system to put in his original post...

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
UAC requires vJASS knowledge. Unfortunately, you'll have a very difficult time using it if you don't know vJASS.

There's no way the system would be as flexible as it currently is if it were able to be used in GUI.

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
UAC requires vJASS knowledge. Unfortunately, you'll have a very difficult time using it if you don't know vJASS.

There's no way the system would be as flexible as it currently is if it were able to be used in GUI.

vJASS knowledge. How much? Like if i know how to use scopes and some structs and private constants. Is that enough?

I understand i need to know how to use Groups. Im not ready for that..

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
vJASS knowledge. How much? Like if i know how to use scopes and some structs and private constants. Is that enough?

I understand i need to know how to use Groups. Im not ready for that..

Uh, this is how I learned Jass.
And since I learned it, like, around one or two months ago, the process is still clear in my head xD

01) I read up the many tutorials on this site
02) Tried to digest the info.
03) Tried to make my own triggers
04) Used BJDebugMsg A LOT
05) Tried to make any spell I could think of, as in, even if the spell existed online, I would just make my own anyway, to learn
06) I re-read the tutorials as needed at the time, because I needed clarification
07) Moar self-made triggers

So, when Romek said you needed vJass knowledge..
I'm pretty sure that he did not mean there would be a certain set of things you need to know ._.

Like, it's just a kind of comfort you have with the programming language after having used it many times.
This 'knowledge' will come to you naturally, I guess, 'experience' as it is commonly called.

And yes, learning how to use scopes and structs will help you a hell lot.
Not only in using UAC, but also everything else.
You'll soon realize you can't do anything without using scopes and structs where spells are concerned because you're too comfortable with using it xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.