Importing Music

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
Getting ahead of myself but, want to get this out of the way early. Normal WE only allows maps to be played online that are 4 MB or less for me, unless you do something specific like dota which i forget how to do, but thats probably not necessary for my map. Problem is how do you import music, any type whether it be a score, or several songs etc and keep the MB less. I played a tag map that had probably 20 songs imported on it. When i import one song lets say Disarm from smashing pumpkins it automatically adds 3 MB to my map. How can you keep the song and reduce this to say 100 KB per song.

Idance

Reaction score
It's not so much the format but the bitrate that will determine the size of your files. It all depends on how much sound quality you are willing to sacrifice. I would say mp3 at 64Kpbs, you can go to 16Kpbs or 32 but It sounds bad imo.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
the format of the audio file determines how much size it takes, MP3 needs alot less then .wav files.

also note that since the last update the max map size has been increased to 8mb.

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
++ rep ty for the update, been gone for a while so i didnt know i suppose i should read up on the changes and yeah i had them as .wav files because they are from itunes, ill have to export them to switch the file to mp3.

sarkurayboy

Reaction score
Getting ahead of myself but, want to get this out of the way early. Normal WE only allows maps to be played online that are 4 MB or less for me.

If i am not mistaken , since 1.24 patch , the limit for map size then is able to host on Local Area has been increased from 4 to either 6 , 8 , 10. I've seen this.

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
yes dota is 6.8 MB so it has to be 8 i was wondering that because i remember when i made my big map with custom skin and everything i was mad because i had it at 4.1 MB and couldn't host and its always a pain to downsize maps when they are already good.

sarkurayboy

Reaction score
Do you use map protectors? Some of em reduces your map size abit you know , which might be able to help you. But no worries now~ 8MB is alot ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.