in need of 2 systems

Happy

Reaction score
hey all...

i need to make 2 systems for my map and so i ask here for help :D

1. system

System for item combining

i need to make a system that if a certain spell is used checks the name of the item in slot 1 (for example : hammer of the vapmpires) whether it contains hammer, dagger, sword, spear, and so on...if so it should check whether in slot 2 and 3 are 2 certain items (thats easy :D)...now the first tricky part...1 of these 2 items in slot 2 or 3 is an enchantment and i want the system to check the string of it (for example : enchantment of pure strength) whats written after enchantment and then the system should check out of a list of items which item has the name combined of these 2 strings....means in this case with the examples it should find hammer of pure strength...now the second tricky part...my items are ranked and the rank is written behind the whole name means there are hammer of pure strength (Rank 1) , hammer of pure strength (Rank 2) and hammer of pure strength (Rank 3) and the system should check whick rank the item in slot 1 was (for example : Rank 1) and should search the rank +1....so it would be hammer of pure strength (Rank 2)...after finding it the system should remove the items in slots 1,2 & 3 and add the item found...so here it would be hammer of pure strength (Rank 2).

now my problem...i really dont know how to make this system because i never worked with strings...and especially not in a system like this...could you help me there?

2. system

Spell trigger system

this system should do this: a hero has 3 different dummy spells doing nothing. The player has to order the hero to cast these 3 spells in certain orders. If the order was right a spell should be cast...if not a text message sould appear saying that it was wrong.

My problem here is that i dont know how to make this system too....help please ;)

thanks in advance & +rep for sure

greetz happy

werasd

Reaction score
Ok. For the first one, i think you will have to make a condition for each different enchantment.

For the second system, you can create a string variable to check. Each spell has a different string value. The first one is '1', the second is '2' and the third is '3'. If this is the correct order, the final string should be '123'. You will also need two other variables. A real variable to count how many times a spell has been cast and a unit variable to set the casting unit to use it in another trigger. I'll give you the example. There are two triggers:
Trigger:
  • Dummy Spell Casting
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set DummyCaster = (Triggering unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Animate Dead
        • Then - Actions
          • Set SpellCheck = (SpellCheck + 1)
          • Set DummySpellCount = (DummySpellCount + 1.00)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Ability being cast) Equal to Avatar
            • Then - Actions
              • Set SpellCheck = (SpellCheck + 2)
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Bladestorm
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set SpellCheck = (SpellCheck + 3)
                • Else - Actions
                  • Do nothing

Trigger:
  • Dummy Spell Checking
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • DummySpellCount Greater than or equal to 3.00
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • SpellCheck Equal to 123
        • Then - Actions
          • Set DummySpellCount = 0.00
          • -------- THE SPELL --------
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players controlled by a ((Owner of DummyCaster) controller) player) the text: The order is wrong.

Happy

Reaction score
so in your case SpellCheck is a string variable? okay thats seems clear :D

for the other system....i dont think i have to make a condition for each enchantment....it has to be doable by using strings...but im not that familiar with strings so if anyone is....please help me

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Init
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set WeaponStrings[1] = Hammer
      • Set WeaponStrings[2] = Dagger
      • Set WeaponStrings[3] = Sword
      • Set WeaponStrings[4] = Spear
      • Set WeaponStrings[5] = And so on...

Trigger:
  • Bleh
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Check Slot One --------
      • Set TempString = (Name of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 1))
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Substring(TempString, 1, (Length of WeaponStrings[(Integer A)]))) Equal to (Substring(WeaponStrings[(Integer A)], 1, (Length of WeaponStrings[(Integer A)])))
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- That checks whether the item name contains that substring --------
            • Else - Actions

Here is a snippet on checking whether the item is a Hammer, Sword, Spear whatever.

You need to adapt this further, to check what type of hammer it is, ((String Length of (WeaponStrings[(Integer A)]) + 1), (String Length of (TempString)) - 8))

So that basically starts from the word Hammer, +1, then finishes at the end of the hammer, - (Rank #). Note that this will fail if Rank is larger than 9. :)

This is perhaps quite inefficient because of how easy it is to break with a simple typo or if you make some adjustments like larger Ranks.

But it can get it done if you do enough Substring sifting.

Happy

Reaction score
thanks for that Hydra :D

hope im able to do it now ^^ if not ill relife this thread xD

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.