increase the gold mined from gold mine for undead...

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
Okay... I have a small bit of a problem..

In my map, you can do an upgrade to increase the gold mined from the gold-mines and it is successful for human, orc, and night-elf, but i'm having a problem
upgrading undead's gold mine..

In the Upgrade editor... I made a custom upgrade that adds +1 to the level of the ability (Blighted Gold Mine) used by the Haunted Gold Mine..it didn't work..

I tried to use trigger, it didn't work..

Code:
Undead GoldLumber
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes research
    Conditions
        (Researched tech-type) Equal to Improved Resource Harvesting (Undead)
    Actions
        Set TempGroup = (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) of type Haunted Gold Mine)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Add Blighted Gold Mine Ability to (Picked unit)
                Unit - Set level of Blighted Gold Mine Ability for (Picked unit) to ((Level of Blighted Gold Mine Ability for (Picked unit)) + 1)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_TempGroup)
        Custom script:   set udg_TempGroup = null
        Set TempGroup = (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) of type Ghoul)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Add Harvest (Ghouls Lumber) to (Picked unit)
                Unit - Set level of Harvest (Ghouls Lumber) for (Picked unit) to ((Level of Harvest (Ghouls Lumber) for (Picked unit)) + 1)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_TempGroup)
        Custom script:   set udg_TempGroup = null
        Quest - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the Quest Update message: improved resource h...

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
What do you mean it didn't work? Are you certain no level increment was applied? Also, you don't need to nullify your groups after you destroy them. Destroy them already nullifies it. If anything, you're re creating it.

jig7c

Reaction score
i read in a tutorial, that u have to set a group to null after destroying it to prevent leaks...

i'm very certain it didn't work... the map starts out with +15 gold mine per acolyte every 1 second/20 lumber per ghoul... and then when the player researches/upgrades Improved Resource Harvesting, it's suppose to do +30 gold mine per acolyte per second/+30 lumber, and then once more upgrade to +45 gold per second/+40 to lumber carried by a ghoul... it stays at +15 gold/20 lumber even after the upgrade

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
No, you just have to destroy it.

The trigger itself looks fine. The only problem I can imagine is the research or the ability.

jig7c

Reaction score
the research seems fine too... thats why i put that quest message in the trigger to make sure it detects the right upgrade... and right after the research is done, the quest message is shown... if you open your WE and look at "blighted gold mine ability" in the undead abilties.. change the level from 1 to 3, and see...

i have currently
Gold per Interval +15
Gold per Interval +30
Gold per Interval +45
-
Duration 1 for all three levels
-
Max number of miners 5 for all three levels, although changing this from 5 to 6 or 7 or 8 doesn't do no good either
-
Mining radius 200 for all 3 levels, although changing the radius doesn't do shit either...

for the upgrade/research part:
I created a new custom upgrade
Effect 1 = Ability Level Bonus
Ability Level Bonus - Base = 1
Ability Affected = Blighted Gold Mine Ability
Ability Level Bonus Increment = 1
Effect 2 = Ability Level Bonus
Ability Level Bonus - Base = 1
Ability Affected = Harvest (Ghouls Lumber)
Ability Level Bonus Increment = 1

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Hmm. The only thing I can think of is some sort of constant that is affecting it, or a bug to do with the ability. How about uploading your map?

jig7c

Reaction score
View attachment Tic Tac Toe .w3x
theres the map... the above posted trigger is in the Misc trigger category...

there are plenty of other bugs in this game... i'm well aware of it... this is a map i worked on last year, then gave up due to time restrictions for about 6 months, and now i'm picking it up again...

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Question, why are you triggering this? Just make multiple levels of the gold mine ability, then when researched upgrade it. Also, I believe, that the gold mined is based on the ability (Mine Gold) like, with peasants, the lumber taken is in the ability.

jig7c

Reaction score
Question, why are you triggering this? Just make multiple levels of the gold mine ability, then when researched upgrade it. Also, I believe, that the gold mined is based on the ability (Mine Gold) like, with peasants, the lumber taken is in the ability.

1) i'm triggering because its an option, because all other options haven't worked, triggering isn't working either
2) its Blighted Gold Mine Ability, and I have set 3 levels to it, and made an upgrade that makes it +1 level for each research, still doesn't work
3) Undead doesn't have 1 ability which does both lumber and gold, its two different abilities, for ghouls and acolytes...
4) read the above post, which clearly describes, in detail, what i want

please help....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.