WIP Instance - Black Temple

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty certain I didn't say that, and it would be pretty hard to make, not to mention a real pain for the players. Durability in WoW is just annoying and not good for nothing except wasting peoples' money.

durability makes perfect sense to me. its just natural that your tools will be damaged if you use them too frequently and eventually break.
and even in the context of a game it makes sense to have periodically costs for the players because gold is unlimited in games like WoW.

though it wouldnt be that much needed in your game.

however it sounds to me a little bit onesided if the only things players can do is hacking and slaying creeps all game long. And being forced to play the tank/healer/damage dealer for ever and ever on might as well become a little bit boring if your game lasts longer then 30 minutes.

maybe you might think about adding some more aspects of the game if you got time left after finishing it.

avalya

Reaction score
I might do that, I might also allow players to repick whenever they want to -- not just in the start, they will however not have too much use of their items, but if two players repick at the same time, to pretty much swap heroes, then that would work out pretty good since they can swap items as well. Tier items will change when another player picks them up, so they would always be good. I'm also considering to replace items with items with equal quality, so if you repick from a Fire Mage (Caster obviously) and you have 'The Maelstrom's Fury' which is a dagger with spell damage, critical chance, intellect and health, and you repick into a Fury Warrior (Melee damage dealer) then you might get 'Torch of the Damned', a two-handed mace with strength, damage, critical chance and attack speed.

Durability is pretty much, hit and you lose durability on weapon, get hit and you lose durability on armor. When you die you lose 10% total durability on every item. I'm not too fond of including this because as you said, gold is of unlimited supply in WoW, it is not, however, in my game.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
Durability is pretty much, hit and you lose durability on weapon, get hit and you lose durability on armor. When you die you lose 10% total durability on every item. I'm not too fond of including this because as you said, gold is of unlimited supply in WoW, it is not, however, in my game

how about a different idea of durability.
weapons wont break but will just be weakened.
like, loses 40% of one of its bonuses or something.

avalya

Reaction score
Maybe, sounds interesting, I figured I'd add a penalty upon death. I'd rather have a gold penalty than actually adding durability which would be more of a liability than actually being a fun aspect to the game (everyone hates going back just to repair when you're in the middle of something) and it would just take time, which would make others to leave.

Also, is there anything that is unclear for someone? I'd like some input of what I can describe even more from people that doesn't play WoW and anything that could be added will be considered.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well, about durability, as i said above i think it aint that useful for a dungeon run just hack & slay game its rather for a "real" rpg.

but you could tell us what exactly would that "dungeon" be like. will you just run around killing hordes of creeps and from time to time a boss? or will there be mazes, puzzles, traps and/or events around? like having a tunnel collapse and all players got to run or something. (yes i know you base your game off of WoW but i just dont know the black temple dungeon since i only played the very first versions)

avalya

Reaction score
I guess most of it is basically killing monsters and bosses, I might do things that stand out from WoW though, if it would be fun. I've got my family coming over here for christmas so I might be slightly occupied and not able to work on it for some time, but I'm still going to be active on the forums.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Make the items in a stack of 99, and remove one of the items each time he attacks or gets killed or whatever you want to do.

avalya

Reaction score
Hmm, that's a good idea, although, the number of attacks required to break a weapon should be pretty high, something like 10-25 attacks per charge, could do the same for armor, like 50-100 attacks against you per charge.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
will the game feature something else as plain mob killing? quests maybe? (as i remember WoW dungeons got quests as well) and will there be any kind of "storyline" told? like dialogues of boss monsters or such?

avalya

Reaction score
Yeah, definitely quests, both plain old kill X of Y and collect Z item, as well as more advanced ones. How do you mean with the storyline? That you learn what's going on as time passes by? Yeah, I'm pretty sure about that, Akama and Maeiv will explain a lot every now and then as well as bosses telling their malicious plans, as everyone always does before they are going to destroy the world and end up getting killed instead... you know, the usual.

avalya

Reaction score
Hmm... cinematics sounds like a good idea actually, if I will ever learn how to do one. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.