Instant Build WC2 Style

zll7

Reaction score
I am Trying to remake a Classic WC2 Map called Free Castles. I have tryed the project before and found all I got was a giant headache. But I have decided to give it one last try.

The first problem which I am having with this map is that for one I am unable to make the building build instantly i seem to still have a half second delay.

The second problem which I am having only has to do with Online play. I have made it so units build instantly but it seems that when one player is having his units being trained no other players are able to.

I am posting and old version of the map which is not protected plz check it out and give me any solusions you may have. Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

• Free Castles v Maker.w3x
    173.9 KB · Views: 84
D

Deathbedeli

Theres always going to be a half second delay if you use a trigger to instant finish it.

Try using build time in the castles as 1 it should be faster then a trigger (by a little bit)

M

MoonRazer

lol were back to this :D first its instant units now its instant buildings. and both threads are "wc2 style"

jpres

Reaction score
For build time hold shift while selecting the value and set it to 1?

D

Deathbedeli

You dont need to hold shift to set the build time to 1 only to 0 or below (Which would probably break something)

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
zll7 said:
The second problem which I am having only has to do with Online play. I have made it so units build instantly but it seems that when one player is having his units being trained no other players are able to.
This is probably because you have one trigger for everyone to share. Try making one trigger for each player, they might instatrain faster.

zll7

Reaction score
Yes I am trying to make it instant i dont not want a 1 second delay as i said in my first post. If I wanted a half second delay i wouldent post asking for help...

Any ways seph ir oth thank your for ur helpful idea. It acualy solved the problem. Any help with the building problem would be greatly apretiated.

I am also have a problem with the fallowing trigger it effects units and buildings when it is ment to only effect buildings. Its is also very slow and glichy if anyone sees a way to change that it would also be apretiated.

Code:
limit building Red
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to True
    Actions
        Set slelected_units = (Units currently selected by Player 1 (Red))
        Set tmpinteger = (Number of units in slelected_units)
        Selection - Clear selection for Player 1 (Red)
        Selection - Select (Triggering unit) for Player 1 (Red)
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        Trigger - Run Restart limit <gen> (checking conditions)

zll7

Reaction score
Here is the latest edited version.

Attachments

• Free Castles v Maker.w3x
    179.9 KB · Views: 76
U

Unregistered

Joker(Div) said:
I think this should go in the memebers projects
I think you're an idiot. He's asking for help, thus, it goes in the world editor help.

I

iNsaNe

Unregistered said:
I think you're an idiot. He's asking for help, thus, it goes in the world editor help.

tru dat

having delay depends on memory leaks and hosting, if ur a dial up n00b u will have like 3 second delay

E

Electrobomb

Idea, you could work it like mercenary camps, edit the building abilities and the unit data so the stock is high and replenish rate on them is fast, though you'd have a number on the bottom-right of each icon.

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
use a trigger like

E: unit begins construction
C:
A: replace constructing unit with a unit type of constructing unit at position of constructing unit

= instant build

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.