Instant Unit Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

zll7

Reaction score
Let me start by saying that i am not a noob at map making and do not want stupidly easy and obvious fixes because I have tryed them. Thank you.

I am trying to make a map where as in WC2 (for all who have played it) units train instantly. I have atempted with simple fixes for it but i have found that when u make units able to be trained instantly (through triggers and make them buyable from shops) only 1 player can train their units instantly. Other players may be pressing the button or icon but nothing happens. It seems as though blizzard has a built in anti lag trigger. Dose anyone know anything about this or how to make a map with instant training for all players at once?

Thank you and plz dont post noob things that dont work i dont need them...Thank you

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
in the object editor just set build time to 0

Untitled Trigger 001
Events
Unit - A unit Begins training a unit
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Set (Trained unit) construction progress to 100%

those should work.

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
Instead of training units, you should sell them.
In a barrack (or whatever you are using) instead of Units Trained, use Units Sold.

zll7

Reaction score
Obviusly u guys have never tryed those method because as i mentioned in my 1st post they DONT WORK! I have already tryed them... Anyone else have any other ideas...

Deathbedeli2

Reaction score
Okay this may seem unorthadox but...First set train time to a unit to 1 then add this trigger

Code:
Event
Unit finishes Training
Condition
Unit-Type of Trained unit equal to Footman
Action
Remove trained unit
Set IntegerVARIABLE[1] = IntegerVariable[1]+1

Now add this trigger

Code:
Event
Every 20 seconds
Condition
IntegerVARIABLE[1] is greater then 0
Actions
Spawn IntegerVariable[1] Footman for Player 1 (Red)
Set IntegerVARIABLE[1] = 0

Now just add arrays as needed to store additional unit types and feel free to change the player and stuff

Hope this helps! (If it does REP+ me :p)

M

MoonRazer

ok, you need to chill. treat us like dirt and we wont help u jeez.....

Ok and about your problem besides for the fact that the set build time = 0 worked just fine for me like a split second ago, here is a trigger that might work

Code:
Event:Unit starts training a unit
Condition:
Action:Order Triggering Unit to cancel Training unit
Action:Create 1 Trainging Unit for owner of Trainging Unit at position of Triggering Unit

Tweak it a bit, the first action is not worded right.

zll7

Reaction score
MoonRazer said:
ok, you need to chill. treat us like dirt and we wont help u jeez.....

Ok and about your problem besides for the fact that the set build time = 0 worked just fine for me like a split second ago, here is a trigger that might work

Code:
Event:Unit starts training a unit
Condition:
Action:Order Triggering Unit to cancel Training unit
Action:Create 1 Trainging Unit for owner of Trainging Unit at position of Triggering Unit

Tweak it a bit, the first action is not worded right.

In responce to the treat like dirt it is becuase people like u post things that dont work becuase they want more posts... Yes u tryed it by urself but u dident try it in multiplayer on bnet...

And the trigger posted before u seems to have nothing to do with what i want... but thanks for the help.... Any more ideas relating to my question would be highly apretiated. Thanks for any help that works...

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
people like me with enough posts and enough rep think people like you are annoying, you demand answers on a free forum, and give us little to work from, list of all the methods you have tried not just "Dumb answers" because we dont know entirely what is a dumb answer to you

it would even be more beneficial to post your map and let us see for ourselves

S

Shades-X

Tell you what... set time built to 0 should work... you have to have a bad version of the editor no other explanation for it.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
I wonder...how do you KNOW that the other players were clicking the icon at the exact time?

And, are you sure you dont have a trigger problem with what you yourself did?

It seems like if the units truely wree created instantly, the units shouldnt have a problem with 'only 1 created at a time', because, logically, if its instant, it would be impossible for 2 people to try and create units at the same time anyway, at least over a computer system were things wont happen at the EXACT same time.

There is no 'lag trigger canceler' or some of those looping-trigger spells out there that work fine wouldnt work fine.

Im not sure i beleive the stuff in your orig post, and, you havent given us enough to work with, pls post the whole trigger.

M

MoonRazer

zll7 said:
In responce to the treat like dirt it is becuase people like u post things that dont work becuase they want more posts... Yes u tryed it by urself but u dident try it in multiplayer on bnet...

And the trigger posted before u seems to have nothing to do with what i want... but thanks for the help.... Any more ideas relating to my question would be highly apretiated. Thanks for any help that works...

Ok your a jerk plain and simple, what would posts do me if i didn't try to help, they would get docked as well as rep, i dont try to mess things up but i do try to help people whenever i can. i would use stronger words to say this but the mods would kinda get pissed at what i really have to say to you. Piss off Jerk

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
ok... instead of train, try "buy". Buying is instant and requires no unit nearby if trained from your own building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.