Integrated Sound, Upgradeable?

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
Hi i just recently bought me a Frankenstiend machine of ebay. It has integrated sound, but says it is upgradable. I already bought SoundBlaster Audigy 2, did i just waste my money?

Chile

The All Purpose Administrator
Reaction score
If the specifications for the computer mention that you can upgrade the sound, then you can. If you open the computer case, you should see that at least one PCI expansion slot is open.

A quick pointer:

when handling computer electronic components, be sure that you keep a hand (or part of your arm) in touch with the inner, unpainted, metal frame of the computer case. Your body can act as a conductor for electrical charges, and even a small static charge from your body can burn out the sensitive transistors located on the printed circuit board. (PCB)

Simply unscrew the protective guard from the case's fame, and push the card into the slot. If you push the card evenly into the slot, it should go in without too much hassle.

Re-use the screws for the protective guard to ensure that the new sound card is properly secured, and then replace the case.

When you reboot, your operating system should automatically locate the new hardware. Keep the installation disc handy, and follow the directions.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.