Internet connection refused after 2 hours

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
After 2 or so hours of having my laptop on, my internet cuts out. I get error 104s on Google Chrome, and I've checked with Internet Explorer to verify that this isn't a browser issue. Though for a few minutes after I can't access any new webpages, I can still receive facebook messages but not send any, though I'm disconnected from chat after a while. When the internet cuts out, the icon still shows that it is connected. Indeed this issue has occurred with my laptop for both wireless and wired, on a variety of networks. I have tried turning off my firewall and turning off my antivirus, but to no avail. I have installed updates. The only solution I have found is to restart the laptop. How do I solve this?

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit (6.1, Build 7601)

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
Did you try turning your wifi off then back on, I have a problem every now and then when my internet speed will slow down to nearly nothing and restarting my wifi connection usually works

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
another thing to try: disable your wireless adapter and then re-enable it (if this fixes the problem, then the wifi adapter is either broken, or it's driver is)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.