Technology Inventor unveils $7,000 talking sex robot

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
t1larg.jpg

Las Vegas, Nevada (CNN) -- To some men, she might seem like the perfect woman: She's a willowy 5 feet 7 and 120 pounds. She'll chat with you endlessly about your interests. And she'll have sex whenever you please -- as long as her battery doesn't run out.

Meet Roxxxy, who may be the world's most sophisticated talking female sex robot. For $7,000, she's all yours.

"She doesn't vacuum or cook, but she does almost everything else," said her inventor, Douglas Hines, who unveiled Roxxxy last month at the Adult Entertainment Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Lifelike dolls, artificial sex organs and sex-chat phone lines have been keeping the lonely company for decades. But Roxxxy takes virtual companionship to a new level.

Powered by a computer under her soft silicone "skin," she employs voice-recognition and speech-synthesis software to answer questions and carry on conversations. She even comes loaded with five distinct "personalities," from Frigid Farrah to Wild Wendy, that can be programmed to suit customers' preferences.

"There's a tremendous need for this kind of product," said Hines, a computer scientist and former Bell Labs engineer.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/02/01/sex.robot/index.html

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
What's the fun if it doesn't move? I want to buy one and talk to it about calculus, see how that goes.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
If she could move, I would laugh very hard if someone brought her to the prom. Or if this became like iRobot and Roxxxy gains opinions of her own.

And I agree with Budsmoke.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
The nose reminds me of the Who's in How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

tommylee0923

Reaction score
Nice! :thup:

I can now start picturing similar headline news:

"Japan is now selling millions of Roxxxys. Otakus are now rioting and fighting over for one."

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
That any better?

Lol I saw a standup show where one guy mentioned this thing. It's pretty sad, the guy said he thought of the idea after he lost a friend in 9/11 and wanted to honor her... Either that or he was BSing it. Didn't sound like it though.

Last edited by a moderator:

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I don't think it was though, he said he read it in the newspaper when they interviewed him.

Edit, I looked it up. And it was actually a guy...pretty weird.

""I had a friend who passed away in 9/11," Hines said. "I promised myself I would create a program to store his personality, and that became the foundation for Roxxxy True Companion."

Last edited by a moderator:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.