Invisible custom graphics, IN-GAME?

MintJulep

Reaction score
I want to especially stress that this isn't the problem where graphics are invisible in the World Editor (which just takes a restart to fix). I'm pretty sure this is a very unusual problem.

I tried playing my map on friend's computer today and in the game, instead of displaying all the imported graphics used in custom <i>spells</i>, they'd all be invisible. But curiously, imported graphics for pre-placed units, such as characters or structures, were visible. It seemed that any unit created using a custom graphic wouldn't display it.

The graphics <i>are</i> all visible in his World Editor and everything looks functional until playing the test map. There isn't a problem with file pathing. And this is the exact same version of the map that I have on my own computer, which does display all the imported graphics, so there isn't a problem with my spell triggers. What could be causing this problem?

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
When you say 'graphics' do you mean icons, or textures, or models, or what?

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
Did you check if the Art fields were right or if the missile prokectile -if used there- had had all of its values correctly? What did you want them for?

MintJulep

Reaction score
Sorry, they were custom models.

I'm assuming everything is set correctly since the map works perfectly fine on my own computer, but differently on this one...:confused:

Pharaoh_

Reaction score
Maybe that one doesn't have any patch updated? Some models, as i know cannot be displayed on older patches.

MintJulep

Reaction score
That's something I considered, but the computer did have the patch.

Some good news though, I just tested my map on a third computer and it also worked fine, so I don't think it's an issue with my map, but rather with the friend's computer. But I'm really very curious why certain models wouldn't work on certain computers, and if that's something that I should potentially look out for.

Pharaoh_

Reaction score
What to say? Your friend's pc is sucky, yes friend of MintJulep, your pc is sucky, change it :) Good luck with your project, pals..

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
You could try deleting all the imported objects and importing them again.
See if it works.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.