Is It Possible to Find Someone Easily...That's Possibly in Jail

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Googled, couldn't really find a solid answer just loads of links to websites that apparently work but require sign up and all that.

Story is I want to see if I can find my uncle, he has been out of contact as far as I know with my family for as long as I can remember, but apparently when I was little I met him, which logically should mean he's been out of contact for no more then 16 years. My Grandma (His mom) Basically told him after she couldn't handle it anymore to leave, and never come back unless he changes into an honest person.

When I ask my Dad about him (His Brother) or my Grandma they just say "He's probably in jail somewhere" Or "If we wanted to know we would just ask the police station to track him down."

Being only 16 I don't think they'd give me access to information about him. I'm really quite curious where he is and if there is a way to contact him. Which is my question, given what my dad and grandma told me that he's probably in prison (But also might not be) is there any way to track him down using the internet or some other free resource that I would have access to?
Thanks in advance if you need anymore information that would help track him down just say so

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
We need to know your uncle's name and what jail your uncle is living in, so that we can go further in the investigation.

For a higher success in finding your long-lost uncle, please ask the police to aid you. You might need to bring a guardian/parent/advisor with you to provide additional information.

However, if your parents/relatives don't want you to know more about your uncle, you best bet is to wait until you're either 18 or 21 years old, depending on the local laws near you. It will provide you a higher chance of having your parents/relatives to give you information about your uncle. You can find your unle on your own afterward.

If you need more help, continue post in this thread.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Ask the police. It doesn't really cost you anything.
Make sure you tell your story well.

Lol, and try the phone book.
It's kinda unlikely you'll find him but I guess it's worth a try. Make sure you dont just check the phonebook of your state.

Check social pages (facebook, myspace, etc). It's unlikely, but only takes you 5 minuts.

Google his name. Yeah, again, unlikely. But he might be in the news.

Ask his/your relatives more stuff. Anything. You could get a hint.
Also ask his old friends.

Maybe you can find him over his driver licence.
Try to score some pity and it might work.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
If you're in the US, the cops can't tell you anything about his whereabouts. You would have to either look for him yourself or pay someone whos job it is to do it.

An no, I wouldn't really recommend posting his name in this thread. Come on guys, really...

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
If you're in the US, the cops can't tell you anything about his whereabouts. You would have to either look for him yourself or pay someone whos job it is to do it.

An no, I wouldn't really recommend posting his name in this thread. Come on guys, really...
Really? Isn't that a bit harsh on the good side? I thought they are helpful...

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Really? Isn't that a bit harsh on the good side? I thought they are helpful...

Not at all. They can't tell you where people live, and it should be that way. Someone pisses someone else off, goes to a cop and finds out their info, goes to their house and kills them. Thats why they don't.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Not at all. They can't tell you where people live, and it should be that way. Someone pisses someone else off, goes to a cop and finds out their info, goes to their house and kills them. Thats why they don't.
Hm...Can police still tell the original poster if his uncle is in prison or not?

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
No, they can't give out -any- personal information legally.

Well, I'm in Canada so hopefully they can here. I have no clue what jail/prison he would be in, but I guess I'll go down to police station and check if they can tell me anything, or if I have to wait for a few years.
Thanks Guys

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Easiest, most reliable, and the most tedious way:

Google his full name. You're likely to find an address and all his personal information, and at the very least some sort of contact information.

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
Hm, now I don't know what to do. On that 411 thing a few popped up, one of them being a 5 minute walk away from my house (And what was his house at a time) Be kinda funny just to knock on the door, "Hi I think I'm your nephew, do you have a brother and are you and your mother on bad terms?" lol

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Hm, now I don't know what to do. On that 411 thing a few popped up, one of them being a 5 minute walk away from my house (And what was his house at a time) Be kinda funny just to knock on the door, "Hi I think I'm your nephew, do you have a brother and are you and your mother on bad terms?" lol

Be careful tho, some people don't really like strangers nocking on their door.
And some people really don't like it:(
You could bring a friend with you just in case of something bad happening, that's what I would do.

Edit: Oh, and good luck finding him :)

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Be careful tho, some people don't really like strangers nocking on their door.
And some people really don't like it:(
You could bring a friend with you just in case of something bad happening, that's what I would do.

Edit: Oh, and good luck finding him :)
Bring at least 2. If the neighbor catches 2 people with the arms, the third can call for help.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
He might be in guantanamo. (jk)

well, I live in Canada to and I don't think there are any major prisons (not in my province at least). Try digging through your basement or looking through a scrap/photo album. There might be info or something your uncle might have left. (are you sure you want to meet this guy?)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.