Is my spell MUI and Leakless ?

RedSword

Reaction score
Hi, I just did my first spell (I'm proud of it even if it's low on trigger ^^), and I'd like to know if he's MUI and If no, how can I do so, and if you guys can find any leak or any wrong thing. Here is it...

My spell is named "Holy light" (no inspiration), but based on the Mountain' King Storm bolt.

holylightep5.th.jpg

Here's is the triggering code :

JASS:
Holy Light
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Holy Light 
    Actions
        Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Percentage life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + (5.00 + (10.00 x (Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit)))))))%
        Set Temp_Point = (Target point of ability being cast)
        Set Temp_Point2 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Temp_Point facing Temp_Point2
        Unit - Add Holy Light (The Buff)  to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Set level of Holy Light (The Buff)  for (Last created unit) to (Level of Holy Light  for (Triggering unit))
        If (((Target unit of ability being cast) belongs to an ally of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True) then do (Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire (Target unit of ability being cast)) else do (Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to (((Real((Level of Holy Light  for (Triggering unit)))) x -5.00) + 80.00))
        Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point) 
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point2)

The Trigger call an Inner Fire, which gives the unit the damage, armor and regeneration.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks good. There are no waits, so it would be MUI, and I don't see any leaks.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> So u mean that every triggering spell that have no wait are MUI ?

Well, kind of. There are some actions like camera movement that have built-in execution time that can make it non-MUI, though in general, yes.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Like casting time of the spell that the dummy have ?

That might mess it up, yes. It will try to remove the unit before it casts the spell if you have a casting time and no waits.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for Player 1 (Red) at Temp_Point facing Temp_Point2

You shouldn't set it to player 1 only. What if another player casts the spell?

RedSword

Reaction score
Nah it's not single player, thx for telling me about it,

Changed to
JASS:
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Temp_Point facing Temp_Point2

From
JASS:
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for Player 1 (Red) at Temp_Point facing Temp_Point2

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
> So u mean that every triggering spell that have no wait are MUI ?

Well, kind of. There are some actions like camera movement that have built-in execution time that can make it non-MUI, though in general, yes.

Stuff lose its MUI-ness :)P) when they use waits with globals such as periodic timers with globals or something such as that.

RedSword

Reaction score
But differents hero could use only one dummy for them all, and it would work well if the trigger are MUI (well I guess am right ...)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.