Is there anything wrong with this?

KMDK

Cool Member
Reaction score
Is there anything wrong with this trigger? Because when I cast the spell, nothing happens. (I'm not yet done with the spell)

Code:
Laser Rocket
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Laser Rocket 
    Actions
        Set Laser_Rocket_Caster = (Casting unit)
        Unit - Add Storm Crow Form to (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Remove Storm Crow Form from (Triggering unit)
        Animation - Change Laser_Rocket_Caster flying height to 600.00 at 500.00
        If ((Current flying height of Laser_Rocket_Caster) Greater than or equal to 600.00) then do (Animation - Change Laser_Rocket_Caster flying height to 0.00 at 500.00) else do (Do nothing)

nabbig2

Reaction score
Removing the storm crow ability right after you add it, would do nothing I'm sure.

KMDK

Cool Member
Reaction score
i did that for my other spells and it worked. And I also tried removing storm crow after the ability ends and still didn't work

scorpion182

Reaction score
because you set the flying height to 0.0

Code:
If ((Current flying height of Laser_Rocket_Caster) Greater than or equal to 600.00) then do (Animation - Change Laser_Rocket_Caster flying height to 0.00 at 500.00) else do (Do nothing)

KMDK

Cool Member
Reaction score
ok but he doesn't even start to fly. He basically just stands there and does nothing.

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Code:
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
change it with
Code:
Unit - A unit Starts the Effects of an ability

yunusowic

Reaction score
Set Laser_Rocket_Caster = (Casting unit) After setting the unit the Trigger cant understand which unit is (Triggering Unit)

Trigger:
  • Unit - Add Storm Crow Form to (Triggering unit)
    • Unit - Remove Storm Crow Form from (Triggering unit)
    • Set Laser_Rocket_Caster = (Casting unit)

After you do this it should start flying but not land.

Trigger:
  • Animation - Change Laser_Rocket_Caster flying height to 600.00 at 500.00

It will reach to 600 height after 6/5 seconds.
But you immediately check if its height is 600 or not. Try using Wait for condition. Check if its height is 600 or greater every 0.1 seconds. Or put a wait - 6/5 seconds after you change the height then the if/then/else condition.

ShadowInTheD

Reaction score
Use a wait...
If not, make an if then else to check the unit's flying height, and bring it down when you need.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
The explanation in Post#10 is partially correct if I understand it correctly. When changing a unit height to a certain value, say 600, the game will immediately assume that the unit's height already 600 even though the unit is 'on its way flying upwards'. Your final condition returns true and so immediately changes the fly height to zero, because the unit already has flying height of 600 right after you make it fly with rate 500.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.