Issue with infinite aggro range and CPU player

Yoshii

Reaction score
I have been playing around with unit "aggro" and have been unable to make it work on my map in which anything except buiding/terrain is created via trigger(yes unit are created too via trigger).

I have searched for some post about it on forum and read them but It still doesnt work well if much at all

I tryed playing with gameplay constant with
creep return distance- 99999 whatever
and return distance(sec) 99999 whatever i
and even tryed with guard distance

heres my Issue
The unit (zombie) is owned by Light blue(called Enemy) they are spawned every 3sec and in the object editor their acquision range is set to 20,000 yet when they are created they just stand there and the only way I made it work was by having a unit close to me in a straight line at the start of game and it make those unit spawn try and run to me but not everytime

heres the bug
http://img22.imageshack.us/i/bugjte.jpg/

and my trigger look like this
SpawnZombie
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Time - Every 3.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random integer number between 1 and 3) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Zombie easy for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Random point in Building 1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Random integer number between 1 and 3) Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Zombie easy for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Random point in Building 2 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Zombie easy for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Random point in Building 3 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

I tried even giving the last created unit a acquision range of 20,000 to get it to work and still nothing, Even using AI stop all unit guard position etc did not fix this.

anyone got an idea so that the created zombie actually follow me across the map(infinite) and the unit are owned by a computer? I was able to do it with neutral hostile but thats not really a good solution to be honest.

I have seen it done in SWAT but I cant figure how he did it.

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
1. Your trigger leaks.
2. Have you tried to just trigger the zombies movement? Make them attack walk towards the player, but not exactly near him.

Yoshii

Reaction score
1. Your trigger leaks.
2. Have you tried to just trigger the zombies movement? Make them attack walk towards the player, but not exactly near him.
there are multiple player all moving to different place how would that work? maybe selecting a random player and have all the unit go toward it .. i believe SWAT work sorta like tha.

edit: nice it work perfectly, I added an issue order once the unit is created to attack random unit from random player matching unit is an hero and its working flawlessly

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.