item ability target

Nina

Reaction score
I have lots of items which actually have all the same ability since the effects are triggered on the base of which item is used. However when I use An item is used I can't use target of ability being cast. Don't suggest to use A unit starts the effect of an ability because if I do that I will have to make like 50 abilities which are copies and take more space because I can't detect from what item the ability is used. Any alternatives? I'm not scared of JASS.

-Nina

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
Why don't you make a dummy ability called "Item Usage" and give that to all items you want to use? Then you can use "starts the effect of an ability" (if it's the same ability you want, and you're anyway going to have one trigger for each triggered ability), and "target of ability being cast".

Nina

Reaction score
Thats what I want to do but what the ability will do depends on the item that it has when using that I can't detect which item. I can't use Unit has item because a player might have more items with that ability.

woot

Reaction score
Thats what I want to do but what the ability will do depends on the item that it has when using that I can't detect which item. I can't use Unit has item because a player might have more items with that ability.

You could make different abilities .. 1 for each item you have.. Maybe even base them all off channel.. I don't know whether or not there are bugs when basing multiple item abilities for items you have off the same ability (like there are with hero / unit abilities) .. if there aren't.. this should work.. I think ..

Sajberhippie

Reaction score

Then I'm not sure what you really want...

You want to have one ability for all items, but make that ability behave as different abilities? Why not just have one ability for each? As I understand it, you want to make like:

Wand of Fireballs - Ability "Item"
Ring of Invisibility - Ability "Item"
Gloves of Ogre Strength - Ability "Item"
And then have one trigger for each, so that they do different things...
Why not just one ability for each item? It seems both easier, more practical, and easier to get to look good.

Nina

Reaction score
mm I guess I have no other choice, my spell actually creates a unit and that unit depends on the item and I don't want to use a summon spell:p so I'll create abils for each. Thanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.