[Item] Teleport landmines

elpini0

Reaction score
Hi, i'm trying to make a new item as follows:

Teleport Landmines
-Place an invisible landmine in a nearby position. When you left click on the item in your inventory you will be instantly teleported to the landmine position.

So, i thought of making an item based on the Sentinel totems, change the model of these totems and maybe it's radious sight and change the number of charges to 1.

Then, with a trigger, give the Hero another item which when left-clicked and with another trigger, the hero will be teleported to the landmine location, with a cooldown of 60 seconds.

I love to test these things myself, but this time i find it more useful to ask for any good ideas =)

elpini0

Reaction score
so basically u want a simple way to do it or u want testers?

i want ideas from experts in mapmaking. I can test their ideas...

Maybe there is a simple way to make this, maybe not...

ANY IDEAS?? ^^

acwel

Reaction score
well the only thing i could think of would be like a trigger where you lay down the first mine which is an item and it gives you the in a way "detonator" and when you use the detonator it instantly moves the triggering unit to where the mine is......im not sure if u can do that with the standard WE

DarkSonicele

Reaction score
If both the land mines and the teleporter are supposed to be items you use, then your idea is definitely the easiest way to go around it.

For the summon part, you can use Item Place Goblin Land Mine as well as the Sentry Wards spell.

elpini0

Reaction score
And what item should i use as a base for the triggering item?? an item that when i just left-clicked made an effect i could counter with the editor??

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Just make an item that creates a unit without any point target required. Then in a trigger, detect when that unit is summoned. Make a temporary group of units matching conditions to find all mines by that player (1. unit type, 2. player, 3. boolean) and if the number of units in that group is more than 1, remove the unit and instead move the summoning unit to a random unit from the unit group (which would be your only mine).

elpini0

Reaction score
Alright, I have it:

First: I created an item based on the Ward totem and I changed the model of the ward totem to a goblin mine, then added invisibility.

Second: I created 2 triggers:

Trigger:
  • Give trigger
    • Acontecimientos
      • Unidad - A unit Utiliza un objeto
    • Condiciones
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Igual a (==) Teleport Landmine
    • Acciones
      • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • Si: Condiciones
          • (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 1) Igual a (==) (Item being manipulated)
        • Entonces: Acciones
          • Partida - Display to (All players) the text: (Name of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 1))
          • Partida - Display to (All players) the text: (Item given in slot + 1)
          • Wait 0.05 seconds
          • Héroe - Give (Triggering unit) a Landmine Trigger in slot 0
        • Otros: Acciones
          • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
              • (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 2) Igual a (==) (Item being manipulated)
              • Partida - Display to (All players) the text: (Name of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 2))
              • Partida - Display to (All players) the text: (Item given in slot + 2)
              • Wait 0.05 seconds
              • Héroe - Give (Triggering unit) a Landmine Trigger in slot 1
                  • (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 3) Igual a (==) (Item being manipulated)
                  • Partida - Display to (All players) the text: (Name of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 3))
                  • Partida - Display to (All players) the text: (Item given in slot + 3)
                  • Wait 0.05 seconds
                  • Héroe - Give (Triggering unit) a Landmine Trigger in slot 2
                      • (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 4) Igual a (==) (Item being manipulated)
                      • Partida - Display to (All players) the text: (Name of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 4))
                      • Partida - Display to (All players) the text: (Item given in slot + 4)
                      • Wait 0.05 seconds
                      • Héroe - Give (Triggering unit) a Landmine Trigger in slot 3
                          • (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 5) Igual a (==) (Item being manipulated)
                          • Partida - Display to (All players) the text: (Name of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 5))
                          • Partida - Display to (All players) the text: (Item given in slot + 5)
                          • Wait 0.05 seconds
                          • Héroe - Give (Triggering unit) a Landmine Trigger in slot 4
                              • (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 6) Igual a (==) (Item being manipulated)
                              • Partida - Display to (All players) the text: (Name of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 6))
                              • Partida - Display to (All players) the text: (Item given in slot + 6)
                              • Wait 0.05 seconds
                              • Héroe - Give (Triggering unit) a Landmine Trigger in slot 5

Trigger:
  • Teleport
    • Acontecimientos
      • Unidad - A unit Comienza a lanzar una habilidad
    • Condiciones
      • (Ability being cast) Igual a (==) Spy bug (copy)
      • (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Igual a (==) Teleport Landmine
    • Acciones
      • Animación - Play (Triggering unit)'s attack animation
      • Animación - Reset (Triggering unit)'s animation
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Unidad - Remove (Target unit of ability being cast) from the game
      • Unidad - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to TempPoint
      • Efecto especial - Create a special effect at TempPoint using Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportTarget.mdl

PERFECT!! THANK YOU!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.