Item upgrade after kill

streng

Reaction score
Hi guys. I want to create ultimate weapon, which increase damage of owner after each kill. For example hero wear weapon, kill 2creeps, weapon increase damage +2. But when hero died remove item from your invenontory and remove upgraded damage to.
How i can to triger ?
Thanks for your answers

ExTrainHeartnet

Reaction score
my idea would be to give the item an attack aura ability that only works on the item holder and ....set damage bonus according to the number of kills with a kill count trigger?

streng

Reaction score
Ok. i try to find atack aura, but i find nothing. You mean command aura ? And i donk know what is item holder , can you explain it.
I can write only kill count triger , but i donk know what next.

afisakov

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You use a custom command aura with "Data - Flat Bonus" set to "true" and targets allowed set to "self". Create 50 or so levels with "attack damage increase" increasing by 1 with each level.

As for the trigger, an example is...

Trigger:
  • kill bonus
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Killing unit) has an item of type Mask of Death) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set kill_count[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = ((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + 1)
      • Unit - Increase level of Command Aura for (Killing unit)

and a separate trigger to give the unit the ability at level 1 when unit acquires item
and one to set ability level to 1 and remove ability from unit when hero dies.
The only downside is the levels of command aura limit how much atk bonus you can give and if you make max ability level too high (in the hundreds) it can create some lag in loading the map.

Caveats, make sure you inc level of your custom command aura, be careful to not select wrong one in drop down menu.
I recommend some system to prevent players from getting 2 of item or it can cause glitches.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
if you are going to set it to have 50 levels place a unit on your map and give it the ability, then on map start have the unit removed.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.