Jungle CTF (Needs Ideas)

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Well, the title basically describes it. I need ideas for my CTF that I am working on. I so far have done the terraining, and a few of the abilities for a few heroes, but I need more. (Also, some items if you have any good ones). I'll post the unprotected version for now, along with some Screenies.
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/839/screeney11dl.gif
http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/2249/screeney29io.gif
http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/5303/screeney39hx.gif

When I post the protected version, would ne1 be willing to host it? (I can't host nemore with my dsl...)

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Because of the mass of trees, perhaps add an ability or two that allows you to temporarily walk through, or simply destroy them (respawn trees later of course)

Example.. Immolation that affects trees only. (Call it agent orange :D )
Maybe also flame thrower type ability using pandabrewmaster flamethrower, burning mass of trees aswell as damage opponents?

Rad

Reaction score
Make a unit called Silver Wolverine, have it be a transparent version of the Spirit wolf with modified damage and maybe reskinned silver (Or else just make it standard Wolverine). Use triggers to make it wander around, it should be invisible untill it attacks. If you are able to kill it you should get a Wolverine tooth or something that maybe gives you the Shadow Meld ability... Just dont allow it to go into bases because that would suck!

About the terrain, theres to much water that doesnt make any sense... at all :nuts:
The paths are to defined, you should have little areas you can walk through (Not always directly to another path so you still use the mains ones for traveling).

For the water, might I suggest you use the smooth-cliff trick? Theres some stuff in tutorial area that explains how if you dont know, but it just looks to manmade.

Darthfett

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. Just a few things.

1. Do you have any ideas... like for more abilities, items, or anything that would improve the game? (Not that I don't want other ideas, it is just that a lot of people leave in the beginning, and I would like something to make it more fun.

2. Can you think of anything I can do to make the water look natural? (I can't think of anything, without major reconstruction). Maybe a different path the water takes, or some sort of

3. What could improve the paths(Besides more off paths... to look more foresty? Maybe some dead tree walls? Or smaller paths. (Also you're supposed to use all the paths, in case the enemy is guarding, so you can slip by them).

The water... was just layed down so I could add bridges, and paths. Also, what do you think about adding some creeps, or some side guys that either guard shops, or drop items? (Like trolls in the top left corner).

Rad

Reaction score
Attached a screenshot, the trees shouldnt block the path completely, and the hills should NOT be cliffs... Dont use ALL of the paths, but they are there for oppritunity. Also downscaled image for easier editing.

For the water, they are all the same size, use the height tool some more not all water is shallow enough to walk through. Use that water tutorial, it tells you that you can just raise the cliff then lower it with the height tool and the water level stays the same.

Paths are to defined, I know Im not supposed to say it but they remind me of DotA's 3 paths - which needs to change. You should have alot of scouting skills so people cant just hide in the forest, of course. Maybe like Tracking from island trolls that pings the items, only ping units.

EDIT~Lmao I should start using GIMP for images like that, it looks TERRIBLE. The lines look crooked and stuff because its really cold and my hands are shaking... oh well time to go to school

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Make a blink that has to target a tree and you sorta switch spots with it.. except the tree dies... this could be useful for hiding or running (not useable if you have flag though). To balance it out.. youre stuck in trees until cooldown wears off.

Or one of those wonderful abilitys that "blinds" the user, whiting out their screen so they cant see whats going on... or maybe something more prettyful like Red orange yellow green bue purple flash + shaky screen. :D
(Or not that might bug some people)

Darthfett

Reaction score
Thanks, Rad that will help a lot. It must be an old pic, because I added something recently, that may change the gameplay a bit. (Here's the new pic).

I don't have the actual map here, but I gave the general idea of the new path :D .

http://rapidshare.de/files/9169920/cough_Copy_and_paste_cough.JPG.html

The tree switch thing sounds a little bit too cheap, if an enemy cannot get to him (or if he has the flag). Also, I'm trying to keep it more like a forest. Try not to get too unrealistic. :) (I like this smiley! :) ) Thanks for the ideas though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.