Keyboard Question

x-anubis-x

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
hey so i decided to pull out this old game (worms armageddon) and start playing it again, but i soon realized that my laptop keyboard doesnt want to recognize input if two keys are already held down. for this particular game i need to be able to do that. to explain more clearly, lets say i have the left and up arrow keys held down. when i press space or any other key, nothing happens. is there a way i can force my kb to take more input or am i stuck with it?

dv5-1002nr hp laptop btw.

amostad

Reaction score
have the same issue with my laptop but there i can press 3 keys at same time but not four
incredible annoying while playing stepmania but i think were stuck with it

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
hey so i decided to pull out this old game (worms armageddon) and start playing it again, but i soon realized that my laptop keyboard doesnt want to recognize input if two keys are already held down. for this particular game i need to be able to do that. to explain more clearly, lets say i have the left and up arrow keys held down. when i press space or any other key, nothing happens. is there a way i can force my kb to take more input or am i stuck with it?

dv5-1002nr hp laptop btw.

You could buy an external keyboard for the sake of playing the game.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
It's a hardware limitation on keyboards. I don't know why it's only letting you use two though. There are some (albeit really expensive) keyboards out there that don't 'ghost' any keys.

The limit is not simply on the amount of keys held down, however. I'm not 100% sure how it works, but certain groups of keys are grouped together. For example, I can play Mega Man X (requires the use of two directional keys, as well as three others to charge blaster, dash, and jump at the same time), but not if I use the arrow keys. To overcome this, I simply changed the keybindings to use WASD for movement and IJKL for shooting/jumping/dashing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.