Crime Kids throw stones at his house, he is arrested

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
For more than two years, Sydney Davis's house has been under siege from youths throwing stones.

After two hours of bombardment in the latest attack and no sign of the police, the 65-year-old retired builder decided enough was enough.

As a particularly large missile landed in his kitchen, he grabbed a plank of wood from the garden and ran towards the gang to scare them away.

The police arrived just in time - to arrest Mr Davis for possession of an offensive weapon.

He now faces up to six months in prison. Yesterday Mr Davis said he was bewildered by the decision to prosecute him.

----------------------------------------

how could be be so mean to kids that did onthing but stone his hourse for months? Sickening. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
He shouldn't have called the cops and just went out with a shotgun.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Those kids must have good lawyers/rich parents. Or just stupid police.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the old guy. Kids throwing stones at his house all the time and he runs out with a plank and is arrested! A plank for gods sake, weapon possession! And the kids throwing bloody stones into his kitchen go free. This is rediculous.

Demi666

Reaction score
lmao i didn't know people on crack could work as an police officer :thup:

BornANoob[MR]

Reaction score
It's much a like a story i once heard where an old woman's house was broken into and the intruder tried to attack/rape her, or something sick, and she hit him with a phone, and fractured his skull, she ended up getting fined for being for offensive than defensive

What should she have done, just given consent and smiled?

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
Dang, that's messed up.

But hey, look on the bright side.

When they're in cardboard boxes on the street, guess who will have the last laugh? :D

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Similar things have happenned, unfortunately.

A guy tried to rob a woman's house. Apparently there was a skylight or something overhanging a knife rack, and climbed up to grab it, and he fell on his ass right on the knives. He then sued the woman. He won the case :mad:.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing, this is unfair for the children's parents should be sued for violation of another's property, and the guy has every right ot go outside his home with a plank, I've done that before :D

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
What has throwing stones got to do with being homeless?

What kind of smart person who plans to have a good future goes out and throws rocks at people for no reason? :)

Though I suppose that if they don't go homeless, they'll at least be in jail when they're older.

Reaction score
What kind of smart person who plans to have a good future goes out and throws rocks at people for no reason? :)

A better question is "can I accurately deduce a person's disposition and intelligence based on a single action or belief?" The answer is that you can't. There is nothing stopping an extremely intelligent person from throwing rocks at someone's house, nor is there anything stopping a particularly stupid person from planning to have a good future. These behaviors are certainly less common in these types of people but are not necessarily impossible and may even be quite inevitable under certain circumstances.

Though I suppose that if they don't go homeless, they'll at least be in jail when they're older.

For the same reasons, this is also flawed.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I'm going to assume all of you questioning this as the Police being at fault live in a society where this sort of thing is uncommon.

In the UK Police aim for targets, not criminals. So by arresting Mr Davis they hit those targets. Why bother with Feral youths that might take time and energy to arrest?
A better question is "can I accurately deduce a person's disposition and intelligence based on a single action or belief?" The answer is that you can't.
Unless you live in the UK. People have a tendancy to live up to their stereotypes.

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
While looking for Logic versus Fallacy may be a game of black and white, reality on the other hand is moreso a game of percentages. Kids who lack respect for others are much more likely to become a serious issue when they become adults.

Does that mean you execute vandals because they are more likely to become violent gang members? Of course no...

Reaction score
While looking for Logic versus Fallacy may be a game of black and white, reality on the other hand is moreso a game of percentages.

Percentages which are frequently miscalculated and misrepresented due to faulty reasoning.

Kids who lack respect for others are much more likely to become a serious issue when they become adults.

FYI that would be most kids and even many adults.

Does that mean you execute vandals because they are more likely to become violent gang members? Of course no...

Was this mentioned at all, by anyone?

Unless you live in the UK. People have a tendancy to live up to their stereotypes.

This might be the case, but it is necessary to correctly establish a persons "stereotype" before you begin to judge them by it.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
Only in the UK.

normal_picard-no-facepalm.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.