Knockback system animation question

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
EDIT: goddamn it this was supposed to end up in world editor help. Awesome work on my part :banghead:

Yo, I'm currently working on some models for a custom map in which I want to include a knockback system. I'm interested in providing animations for the unit so once knocked back, they will fall over and look like they are sliding on their arse. The reason I'm asking is because I know nothing of jass, and I'm not looking at getting any direct help with it until the modelling stage is complete.

I want to know if it is possible to queue animations in a knockback system that is available, or if it can be possibly improvised. The way I'm thinking of doing it is by having two animations -

#1 - The unit falling over
#2 - A looping animation of the unit in the sliding position

So basically animation #1 would have to play first, followed directly by #2 until the unit has stopped sliding.

Any comments on whether it is worthwhile doing and if it can/how it could be implemented would be appreciated :thup:

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Thanks, they are fields in the object editor. But that's not what I'm looking for, the models I am making are completely custom so I want to add these as animations so the whole getting 'knocked back' looks more painful and effective.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.