Knockback

Anything.

Reaction score
Yes. I am asking about knockback. Thing is, I can't find a single knockback attack that I can understand. I need a spell which knocks a target back, makes it go through other units, and then stops whenever it hits a tree the edge of a cliff, etc.

Mmmhmm.

I need to learn JASS -.-

Edit
Basically, what I want is someone to tell me how a knockback works, and show me the basics of what I need to change to customize it :(

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
WE can't detect cliffs and trees. (Not sure about trees). I believe knockbacks use a similiar tehinque like the sliding maps to and they give the unit locust, when knockbacking. Yep, hoping for someone the post a trigger or something, would like to know too.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
not so long ago i made a knockback example in jass.
though back then i had less experience with jass so its not really perfect (gotta fix it to use timer instead of a trigger).
anyway here it is.
i also recommend emjlr3's tutorial.

now there is no way to check a cliff. however it would be simple to for example check if the unit took the position it was supposed to after you move it.
like move unit instantly to <point> and then if not distance between <unit position> and point equals to 0 then break.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.