System LeakLess

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
TIP: You could just have the text you need (your functions) under the correct categories and inject the text into the existing UI files. (Though, the end user would have to already have extracted/downloaded the UI files.)

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Q: Does this leak?
A: ...

Q: I mean, Azlier said it would!
A: That was a different type of leak, which cannot be caused or prevented when using the GUI.

Q: How do I install this?
A: Press Alt-F4. That will automatically install all files needed. Alternatively, read the thread.
these were hilarious!

Twisty

Reaction score
maybe you could get my map and just install your script in it, and then give it to me again?, that could be nice :D ?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Don't double post -_-'

How about you try what was suggested and open it through command line.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
TIP: You could just have the text you need (your functions) under the correct categories and inject the text into the existing UI files. (Though, the end user would have to already have extracted/downloaded the UI files.)

Actually, I do both. If the UI files are existant, it will alter them; Otherwise, it will install them first and alter them afterwise. The version I released though assumes that the Folder does allready exist >_<.

@Twisty:
What I can do is giving you the modified UI files, but huh you'll just have to import the JASS file yourself.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Ah, I see. I was going to say if it doesn't exist then install it, but I accidentally closed Firefox while typing it and forgot to add that part XD

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
@Twisty: Nah, the JASS is just for the GUI script to know how to handle Locations and Groups.

The thing works like this: you import the JASS into your map, c'n'p the GUI changing files into your 'Warcraft III\UI' folder and have fun.

The user isn't meant to use the JASS. If you are able to work with jass, you don't need the JASS part anyway...

EDIT: hooks are awesome, and this will soon make avid use of them :D
Then no ruby scripting will be involved anymore...

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Nice one :thup:

Thanks a thousand times, and a thousand times more : )

BTW, someone told me that "MapperMalte" invented a similiar system, so here's what differences I did spot at the first couple of glances...

"This fixes more stuff, has a human readable library, doesn't require other libraries, can easily be extended*, doesn't remove "permanent" handles that weren't permanent at the first use, doesn't do unnecessary counting, catches all usages of those handles, will not have to wait for a DoNothing to destroy leaks (I never used that in ANY my GUI maps when I was still using GUI!), still works if you spam DoNothing (not that anyone would use it anyway) etc etc.

*Just tell me a type that leaks and I've got it added in 1 minute. No joke.

EDIT: Basic concept is the same though. Funny how two people get the same idea independant of each other: D

EDIT2: Seems part of what I saw isn't true.
"doesn't remove "permanent" handles that weren't permanent at the first use, ", his doesn't either but uses a strange loop system to get that.
"will not have to wait for a DoNothing to destroy eaks (I never used that in ANY my GUI maps when I was still using GUI!),", his doesn't either. Just seems as if the DoNothing would also start a DestroyLeaks thingie... not 100% sure though. That code is really cluttered..."

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
I'd like to see a system that gets rid of all exiting handle leaks as soon as th're destroyed...

I must say though, that i have absolutly no idea, if Cohadars handle counter only counts when a new Handle is created... Refering to that, by all means :X

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
I'd like to see a system that gets rid of all exiting handle leaks as soon as th're destroyed...

No way to get rid of those...
Just like it's in fact impossible to remove memory leaks once they occured.

All we do is remove objcts _before_ we have a memory leak. Since we can't do the same to handle ref counters, thers no way to fix those :/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.