life leech attack buff

mirrorman1de

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I need a hint on how to create a spell that can be cast on other units and gives them a life stealing attack.
just like unoly frenzy but instead of attack speed the buff provides life steal ...

Thx

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
I believe there are 2 ways to do so.

1st way:
Create a dummy ability that casts on a target unit. When spell is casted, give the lifesteal ability to target unit and remove when buff is over.

2nd way:
Use a damage detection system, check if the unit has the buff, if it has, set the health of damage source to damage dealt/10(10% lifesteal)

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
give them the ability of the Vampiric potion, let them use it then remove it..
or you can do what skyblader said. :)

deutschephar

Reaction score
i have the same question, only regarding ranged unit (not hero). is there a way to make normal ranged unit to have a short duration lifesteal?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I think using a Vampiric Potion item would work, but only on units with inventory. You might add an inventory, then remove it later. Have a dummy skill to be cast on the target. When cast, create an item with a Vampiric Potion ability that has Use Automatically When Acquired for the targeted unit.
Trigger:
  • Give Lifesteal Attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Lifesteal Giving Skill
    • Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Level of Inventory (Hero) for (Target unit of ability being cast)) Less than 1
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Add Inventory (Hero) to (Target unit of ability being cast)
        • Hero - Create Vampiric Potion Powerup and give it to (Target unit of ability being cast)
        • Unit - Remove Inventory (Hero) from (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Else - Actions
        • Hero - Create Vampiric Potion Powerup and give it to (Target unit of ability being cast)

Something like that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.