Loading Screen + Imported music

magnemann

Reaction score
First of all, just something regarding the loading screen tutorial, I want to make a basic loading screen, and it says I need IrfanView, Warcraft 3 Viewer, and LoadingScreen.mdx.
The problem is, when I click on LoadingScreen.mdx, it says that the page doesn't exist! (Link for the tutorial)

The other question is, I am trying to import music and use it in my map, but it looks like the map crashes when I try to use them in my triggers etc. Any guides on importing and using my own music? (mp3) Or is there something wrong with the game?
Thanks. :D

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
for the loadingscreen.mdx i have it try if it works

and can you show your trigger used for playing the music?

magnemann

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if I have the trigger or not, the game crashes if I attempt to try it if I've just imported a sound.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
so you import the map, then test it and it crashes?
well try saving your map closing WE, and open WE, load your map and try it again

magnemann

Reaction score
I've imported the sound, and then saved, but it crashes then as well. :confused:
There is something I have to do, but I'm not sure what. There is supposed to be a guide for this I think...

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
thats weird
idk why its crashing
ive imported like 10 songs into a map before and it was fine
can you post the map and mp3 maybe i can try if you want

Ancient-wolf

Reaction score
ofc it doesnt work, 3.5 mbit is a very large file. a normal wc3 map is like 200-400 kbit, your file is to large

xfirenzx

Reaction score
I think its size is too big because i tried this once too and my game wouldn't work.

1mb or less filesize means you can get going on a bnet game fast
1-2mb means it will take a little while to get going
2mb-3mb means it will take a a fairly long time to get going
3mb-4mb it will take forever to get your game going, if you do, it will take 5 minutes for 1 person to dl and people will leave a lot.

BNet's limit is 4mb

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
ofc it doesnt work, 3.5 mbit is a very large file. a normal wc3 map is like 200-400 kbit, your file is to large
that doesnt mean it will crash i had a test map with 50 megs and it was fine

Ancient-wolf

Reaction score
use a program to make your file smaller, soz i dont know any program. =/. but the largets map iv ever seen was on 3.2 mbit.

Ancient-wolf

Reaction score
that doesnt mean it will crash i had a test map with 50 megs and it was fine

thats 100% bullshit. iv tryed to lay in a 5 mbit sound file and it didnt work, when i tried to host it it said: Couldnt host, map is to big or something like that

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
you shouldnt even be putting an mp3 in your map
its rly pointless and takes up too much space
but you could get like a very short file and loop it but it would have to be more like technoish or something so it would flow :p

thats 100% bullshit. iv tryed to lay in a 5 mbit sound file and it didnt work, when i tried to host it it said: Couldnt host, map is to big or something like that

ah no its not bullshit because ive tested it and it worked perfectly fine
unless your talking about shit on bnet which i never did, because a 50 meg map is just retarded anyways

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.