Looking for: Iron Soldier 3

C

CatBoy

Hello,

I'm looking for Iron Soldier 3. If you have one for sale please let me know. :)

Thanks!

M

mltv

ditto..I would definitely be interested in a copy. I can only play FreeFall so many times :)

Btw, test, beta, or full - I dont care which version of IS3 - any will do.

S

schendstok

I also would like to own that game. It is the only official title I don't have yet for the Nuon.

I would very much prefer the original released one with box, but a demo version would also be nice.

I'm willing to trade it for my spare copy of Tempest 3000?

H

Habaki

i'd like it too

If someone have got it pls tell me, i'm really intrested

Space

Reaction score
I've got a copy of IS3 to sell (it's the store-bought one, not the free one w/ writing on the disc), but I should warn I know it's rare and would price it accordingly ;)

If anybody's still interested you could pm me with an offer, I can provide pics etc if needed too.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Not alot of the store bought copies. Not alot of the giveaway one either. I have one of the giveaway ones but it is not for sale.

C

CatBoy

I've got a copy of IS3 to sell (it's the store-bought one, not the free one w/ writing on the disc), but I should warn I know it's rare and would price it accordingly ;)

If anybody's still interested you could pm me with an offer, I can provide pics etc if needed too.

Why don't you tell us your price then? ;)

S

schendstok

it seems there is 1 for sale on ebay UK.

totally new and sealed for "only" 200 pounds (that is something like 400 dollars )

I think that is really an insane amount of money.
I just bought a "demo" version of the game for 90,- dollars, and I think that was a lot of money.

It isn't my auction but just look at item 220187684563

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
The Demo version is the exact same game as the full version that was sold. The only thing missing from the Demo is the original box, etc. If you found the demo version for 90 bucks US that is not that much money. Granted, it is more expensive than what you would have paid for it new back in the day but considering how rare the game is, that is not a bad price.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The Demo version is the exact same game as the full version that was sold. The only thing missing from the Demo is the original box, etc. If you found the demo version for 90 bucks US that is not that much money. Granted, it is more expensive than what you would have paid for it new back in the day but considering how rare the game is, that is not a bad price.

Then why is it a demo :nuts:

If it is same as full version besides box.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
It is not a demo. It is the full version. It was labeled Demo not for Resale (with a black pen on the DVD) because it was given away by K3V of this site in conjunction with VMLabs before they went out of business. The whole production of IS3 was pulled from stores because of reported incompatibility with some NUON DVD enhanced DVD players.

So, it is not a demo. It is the same EXACT version that was sold in stores except without a box and Demo, not for Resale written in black pen on the face of the DVD.

W

williamc

Why sell?

Just curious, but why doesnt someone burn a copy of the game and give it away? I'll all for supporting the developer's, but the Nuon has been a "dead" system for awhile. I don't see the harm, and it would give alot of people a reason to dust off their NUON.

William

S

schendstok

First, I don't know how easy the discs can be copied.

Second, even if a game system is dead you are still not allowed to make unauthorized copies of the games of that system.

I agree with you that I don't see the harm, and I probably would make a copy of Iron Soldier 3 for a friend (if he/she would be interested and if he/she would own a Nuon player). But if i would give copies to anyone who asked, I could get in trouble (you may be working for some anti software piracy agency, I don't know).

so that is your answer why they don't: people don't want to get in trouble

W

williamc

Valid reasons I suppose. What would it take to get these games released into the public domain? What would be required to make "backup copies" of the games? Has anyone attempted to copy the discs?

William

spike1969

Reaction score
Nuon Back-ups

Valid reasons I suppose. What would it take to get these games released into the public domain? What would be required to make "backup copies" of the games? Has anyone attempted to copy the discs?

William

:cool:Yes you can but only the games you own.You can use any of the back-up software that is out to back-up your games.I feel that they should be public domain and so should alot of other games.

K

kramsmada

Is3

I have a copy of Iron Soldier 3 if anyone is interested.

Xentorians

Reaction score
First, I don't know how easy the discs can be copied.

Second, even if a game system is dead you are still not allowed to make unauthorized copies of the games of that system.

I agree with you that I don't see the harm, and I probably would make a copy of Iron Soldier 3 for a friend (if he/she would be interested and if he/she would own a Nuon player). But if i would give copies to anyone who asked, I could get in trouble (you may be working for some anti software piracy agency, I don't know).

so that is your answer why they don't: people don't want to get in trouble

No disrespect to anyone on this forum and most especially the Nuon-Dome staff as this is the most well known and probably most definitive website dedicated to the Nuon plsu ive enjoyed this website very much.
There are quite a few people who make a big fuss out of making ISO's for this system, the discs are incredibly easy to copy. Ive made copies of my original Tempest, Merlin Racing and Ballistic games to try out with Riff's Nuance recently then went ahead and burned them on a CD and tried them out on my N501 and they worked perfectly fine.
I'de say there probably are entire ISO collections for about 90% of all CD based systems including current stuff like XBOX360 and there are very few people getting in trouble for this if any. Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that NO ONE is going to get in trouble for releasing copies of Nuon games. I'de be surprised if anyone is even receiving royalties for any Nuon software these days, VM labs isnt even around to spend money trying to nab anyone pirating Nuon games. Companies still around today with Nuon software rights wouldn't pursue anyone they suspected of pirating their stuff, that is even if they find resources to build a case protecting software that they dont sell anymore or would even re-distribute. I mean if someone told anyone from Miracle Designs that they saw Merin Racing out on the internet available for download they'll probably say "Merlin what, merlins dont race."?

This of course is dramatization but you get the picture. :::now back to playing Yaroze classics which you can download right here on Nuon-Dome::

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.