looking to purchase a new motherboard..

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my PC slowly. The first thing I wanted to buy was a motherboard. Does any know of
Code:
ASUS Rampage III Black Edition Intel X58/ICH10R Chipset DDR3 Triple-Channel Memory 2200 LGA 1366 Extended ATX Motherboard

Is that a good board or is there anything better out there?

jig7c

Reaction score
play future games...
watch movies..
run 3d software...(work)

jig7c

Reaction score
$3000.00 for the entire computer, minus monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc... everything in the tower, including the tower for $3000.00

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
they I would definitely go with an intel board.. they are ahead in the high-end/performance area right now

something like this:

CPU 2600k for $315
motherboard Asus z68 $335 (note: if you have a microcenter nearby, they have the computer/motherboard at at a heavily reduced price)
ram g-skill 1600 cas 8 4x4 gb (buy 2 sets of these) $ 126
intel 510 250gb ssd (this is completely optional, but I would go with an SSD in such a machine) $570
PSU - Antec 850W $150
graphics - 2 x XFX 6950 - $464 - 60 AR

for the case, what are you looking for? something with a window and fancy LED fan lights? usb/audio in the front or hidden away in the back? also, blu-ray reader/burner?

the above adds up to 2k, you can add extra hard drives and stuff depending more on what you need

jig7c

Reaction score
they I would definitely go with an intel board.. they are ahead in the high-end/performance area right now

something like this:

CPU 2600k for $315
motherboard Asus z68 $335 (note: if you have a microcenter nearby, they have the computer/motherboard at at a heavily reduced price)
ram g-skill 1600 cas 8 4x4 gb (buy 2 sets of these) $ 126
intel 510 250gb ssd (this is completely optional, but I would go with an SSD in such a machine) $570
PSU - Antec 850W $150
graphics - 2 x XFX 6950 - $464 - 60 AR

for the case, what are you looking for? something with a window and fancy LED fan lights? usb/audio in the front or hidden away in the back? also, blu-ray reader/burner?

the above adds up to 2k, you can add extra hard drives and stuff depending more on what you need

Is that product that I bought, is that a good one?
The Asus Sabertooth motherboard... as far as the case is concerned, actually i don't want fancy lighting, but do need usb inputs, and perhaps a good cooling system with it...

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Is that product that I bought, is that a good one? The Asus Sabertooth motherboard...

it's for AMD CPU's, which aren't really the best as far as high-end performance goes, so not really.. but if you wanted to go with it, grab a Phenom II X4 Black Edition 980 CPU for it since that's the best AMD has and leave the rest the same - its all compatible

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.